Piet out of Savage Circus

PureXul

Jul 31, 2006
From http://www.savage-circus.com/

To whom it may concern:

After long and intensive thinking I came to the conclusion that I cannot uphold any further engagement for Savage Circus any more and hereby officially quit.

I am proud of what has been achieved, but I just cannot imagine myself doing songwriting and production more or less completely alone for a third time. This has drained too much energy in the past already, which was needed in more important spots. I am not willing to make such a sacrifice again.

Therefore I put the fate of Savage Circus in the hands of Emil and Jens, who's decision it may also be to correct the band's completely fictional founding legend or not.

Savage Circus has been absolutely challenging... but my heart beats for IRON SAVIOR.
And music simply is a matter of the heart!

Piet
Posted on 21 Dec 2011 by Piet

Seems like this kinda flew under the radar...disappointing, but if it means a more active Iron Savior, I'm not going to complain. However, the bit about the "completely fictional founding legend" is interesting...

I enjoyed that first disc for what it was, Somewhere Far Beyond pt. 2. But this is kinda meh for me too. It was always a side-project band for all involved, no?

It was always a side-project band for all involved, no?
Well, for Thomen it was his new focus (or so it seemed), but I wouldn't be surprised if Piet's comments about the founding legacy have something to do with Thomen's actual level of involvement.

Either way, I enjoyed SG but I'd rather see new material from Iron Savior and Persuader, hopefully they'll finally get their new album out this spring.

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/191062 :

Multinational power metal act SAVAGE CIRCUS have issued the following update:

"After quite a while of silence from, we're again ready to drop some news your way.

Some of you might have thought 2009's Of Doom And Death was the last thing you'd hear from this band, but this is simply not the case.

After some structural changes in the band, we are ready with a new lineup and we're at the moment in the midst of writing new material for the third album which should be due at the end of this year.

Anyway, I suppose you are curious about the new lineup, so here it goes:

Jens Carlsson - vocals
Emil Norberg - guitars
Thorsten 'Toto' Hain - guitars
Michael 'Mi' Schüren - keyboards

And finally on mighty drumming Mr. Thomen Stauch (BLIND GUARDIAN).

As written, new stuff is being written as we speak and we should be able to let you guys hear some clips in some months from now and we'll try to keep you updated along the way as we make progress on the new, for now untitled album."

Jens Carlsson - vocals
Emil Norberg - guitars
Tangential to Savage Circus, but is Persuader ever going to finish their new album? Last update on their FB is from late March. SC may be the higher profile project (due to Thomen's involvement), but I'm more interested in what Jens and Emil do with Persuader.

Tangential to Savage Circus, but is Persuader ever going to finish their new album? Last update on their FB is from late March. SC may be the higher profile project (due to Thomen's involvement), but I'm more interested in what Jens and Emil do with Persuader.

Agreed. I would rather see Persuader do something than another Savage Circus disc.