Pipes ov steel. Who will win?

Which singer do you prefer?

• James LaBrie (Dream Theater)

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Geoff Tate (Queensryche)

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
I choose Geoff Tate. IMO no one comes close to Geoff Tate in his prime. If you understand anything at all about singing you would agree, even if you don't like his voice you should appreciate his amazing technical ability. Not only was a technically amazing singer with a brilliant low and high range, he sang with more emotion and conviction then i've ever heard in any other singer. Possibly the greatest singer ever. He has definitely lost it a bit over the years but he was surprisingly good when i saw them last year.

Labrie is very good though. It's unfortunate he went through such a rough patch with his live performance. Judging from the most recent DT DVD he seems to be back on top which is awesome to see. He too can sing with great emotion and range.

Tate JUST.

Labrie at his best pwns pretty much anyone for me... except for Tate. Also Tate has hit the mark so to speak more than Labrie has IMO. Labrie is still mad though... if Live at the Marquee was the only thing with him on it, I would possibly choose him instead.

Oh my mistake. I thought you said Tate = Hetfield Wannabe!

That makes much more sense. Yeah Labrie definitely Hetfields it up on Train of Thought! There's even some Mustaineism's on that album too.

I theres going to be a sub forum for polls soon, this one is easy TATE ftw it would of been closer if you said Tate v Dio or Kiske

Tate FTW. Labrie may have improved but he.s still not as good as Geoff Tate (and probably never will be IMO). Tate is pretty much the best live singer i.ve ever heard! he was fucking flawless in Sydney last year!!

maybe, but do bear in mind that Scottles is a DT fanboy and reckons Labrie is the best thing that happened to humanity since sliced bread!

lol, no not really.

But he is one of my favourite singers, yes.

I agree his agro sounding vocals are a bit overdone these days, but it's cool when he uses them at the right point in the right song, not when he always does it.