piss my pants- shit my hands- guitar questions

causeddevil

Apr 7, 2006
osterburg, germany
wow - as i first listened to scars of the crucifix i thought that would be the best record for a long long time, but what should i say...
THE STENCH OF REDEMPTION has arrived and as my thread title says it takes total controll of my body.
I don´t want to hurt anyones feelings but i have to say that the line up changes added some really cool aspects to the music and contains some of the best guitar work i´ve ever heard.

Also, I really enjoy reading your statement here in the forum. And Jack nearly disclosed the secret about the settings of his gsp (never thought it would happen...).

So i got some questions for Ralph and Jack on my own.
1. How do you come up with your killer-leads?
Do you improvise your stuff, or are your solos constructed and analized?
2. Do you still practice? What are you practicing?
3. How do you write a song?
How do you develop a whole song from one riff idea?
Do you just jam and look what´s happening or do you have an basic idea
what elements (tendency) you want to have in the vers, chorus , bridge
and so on?
4. Is Deicide (all four guys together) still practicing regularly?
5. Are there any plans for a tour in good old germany?

I wish you all the best for your future and i hope to hear a lot of graet albums from you guys.

Now i wasted enough of your time.
Greetings

ok, ............
1. How do you come up with your killer-leads?
Do you improvise your stuff, or are your solos constructed and analized?

Well, for the KILLER ones, I copy Uli Jon Roth. But for the ones I did on the Deicide cd, I just come up with ideas and string them together until I get something that I think works all the way through. Or I just completely improvise, like on " Crucified for the Innocence".

2. Do you still practice? What are you practicing?

I play a lot, but I only practice occasionally, like after I see Roope Latvala play and I realize that my suckage is humiliating to my entire family. I practise all sorts of things............I couldn't even begin to name them all. The main thing though, is I just play and play , trying to make it sound in the real world like it does in my head.

3. How do you write a song?
How do you develop a whole song from one riff idea?
Do you just jam and look what´s happening or do you have an basic idea
what elements (tendency) you want to have in the vers, chorus , bridge
and so on?

Steve writes the music in Deicide. Plus, you can't teach someone how to be creative.

4. Is Deicide (all four guys together) still practicing regularly?

Rehearsing for the tour.

5. Are there any plans for a tour in good old germany?

Good olds Germany is a mythical place. But regular old naughty Germany? Well be there in Jan-Feb