Ive just SHIT MY PANTS!!

Mick Moss

antimonger
Apr 12, 2002
www.antimatter.tk
Ive been getting back into my Jefferson Airplane a lot recently, theyre one of my MAIN bands like. When I was around 15 and I was totally bored with the metal scene and I needed something else, I started getting into the psychadelic and stoner movement of the late 60s / early 70s. One night I was watching the 'Monterey Festival' movie from 67-68 and Jefferson Airplane came on I was instantly knocked right out. I was taping the gig at the time and I nearly wore out that bit where they play 'Today' and 'High Flying Bird'.

Anyway, the cds followed during my later teens, through loads and loads of mad nights, bonkers stuff going on and Jefferson as the soundrack to my teens basically. Ive got a strong love for a LOT of JA tracks, they grew up with me.

When we went to San Fransisco, I had a shitload of JA on my mp3 player and I was knocked out being able to walk around the place where it all started in the blazing sun with them playing in my ears.

Anyway, theyre called Jefferson Starship now, and after the mess of the 80s theyve got half of the original line-up back and are touring again and recording after a 15 year break. Theyre playing shedloads of the old stuff, Ive heard one of their latest gigs and its spot on.

Get this - I just lazily typed in JEFFERSON TOUR 2004 to see if by a long shot they might ever play in Britain (theyre getting old now - in their late 50s) and to my surprise it said SHEFFIELD in 4 WEEKS!!! I shit my pants and started shouting, but I couldnt get the details of the venue so I typed in the sheffield date plus the venues name and up poppped a list of their tourdates for 2004 and theyre playing in FUCKIN LIVERPOOL!! IN THE CAVERN!!

Whats more its their farewell tour, Im full of adrenaline now like a kid on Christmas eve. I cant fucking beleive Im gonna go see then live

Sorry, Am I going on?

Yeah me again, so Im going to see Jefferson in 3 weeks and then 3 weeks after that Im gonna go see Duran Duran in their original lineup in Manchester. Am I a lucky fucker or what????? ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

did it mention an istanbul gig :p anyway, well get to see Yes, Jethro Tull and Uriah Heep in a couple of months, hopefully. I like Jefforson Airplane, white rabbit, fuckin mental

Uriah Heep? I thought they were all dead.

"July Morning" is one of the greatest songs ever, UH is a strangely undervalued band these days.

well, i thought they would be dead too but they aint. I only know the first album but ill see them anyways, classic rock bands dont always come to istanbul

At most, it's only Box and Kerslake left from their prime.

You need to check out "July Morning", preferrably the live version on "Uriah Heep live, january 1973", amazing, I tell you.

I was only saying today that I shouldve gone to see Blondie when they played in Liverpool late last year, Im a tit for not going.

What Im realising lately is that these 'reformed bands' or the ones that just carried on going and are now in their late 50s its kind of like what older people always used to tell me about my grandparents - 'Go and see them while you still can cause they wont be around forever and you'll regret it one day'. And its fuckin right.

These bands are our heritage (while theyre still here) - theyre our Rock History. Im on a mission now to go and see the oldies and one thing is for sure ...

I NEED TO SEE DIO !!!!!

yeah. ill see bowie this year. and hopefully ac/dc. and thats 2 of em classics that will be added to the 'seen'-list. oh and the pixies but theyre not huge...

i know what goes through you mick. enjoy em gigs!

I would love to see the Pixies. I used to play their music to my little sister (to stop her listening to top 30 music).

And Duran Duran... I bought Arena when I was 13, I think. Great record. Aaah nostalgia...

Mick Moss said:
Yeah me again, so Im going to see Jefferson in 3 weeks and then 3 weeks after that Im gonna go see Duran Duran in their original lineup in Manchester. Am I a lucky fucker or what????? ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Yes you are a lucky fucker thanx to me ;)

Don Corleone said:
OLD IS BEAUTIFUL

accept that as law!

mick, is grace slick with jefferson still?

Unfortunately not, but that might be a good thing because if she was i would probbably have had a heart attack by now - Grace Slick is the ultimate for me. Shes retired despite thousands of requests from fans to continue. She says 'No-one over 60 should be on a rock stage'. What a woman. Her replacement is a Diane Mangano, a Brazillian looking berd with a tone very similar to Slicks. On their new album yould swear it was Slick singing. Its a good thing and a bad thing if you know what I mean.

Yeah I just saw that a few hours before. Me tickets came through with a list of upcoming dates. I just missed Love with Arthur Lee in town last month, but the good news is that I havent missed Bear in the Big Blue House. Every cloud has a silver lining

Mick Moss said:
Yeah I just saw that a few hours before. Me tickets came through with a list of upcoming dates. I just missed Love with Arthur Lee in town last month, but the good news is that I havent missed Bear in the Big Blue House. Every cloud has a silver lining
Still time sweet heart our luke wants to go :D