Places to stay

look at the links from the bloodstock website, thats got most of the hotels, I stayed in the royal stuart last year and that was crummy but cheap..

That was the disadvantage of the Royal Stuart, breakfast was an extra tenner... so i went without and bought a two quid sandwich...

Eagle and I are staying in the Travel Inn Derby East. We stayed at the one in West Derby last year and were very happy with the accomodation. You can't walk into Derby from either but there was a good taxi service. Brekkie is extra BTW!

One of the closest hotels to the Assembly rooms is the Pennine hotel. its about a 2-3 minute walk from the assembly rooms, lots of rooms, fairly priced and no taxis needed!!

I was going to stay at same place as last year...st christophers court.

I havn't rang them up yet to get information....................
but do any of u's happen to know a hotel where you pay for the room and not per person? Just there's this girl comeing with me and might aswel stop in same room....but most hotels still charge for two people! I want one where it's a set price for the room and even if there is two of you staying in it it's still the same price!!!!

Kolyma said:
im staying in chambers house this year, anyone know if it's any good?

I shall see you there :D i booked a room at chambers house too :)
dont know if its any good or not, but u get breakfast in the mornin, :)

I'd also recommend Travel Inn because there at least you know what you are getting, they are pretty much exactly the same across the country. If I could drive to-and-fro both days, that's definately where I would stay. But I've got to walk. :(

Me and two mates have just booked at a place called the Coach House on Crompton Street, which looks about 5 - 10 minute walk away, £25 per person per night with brekkie. I actually tried getting in the Ridgemoor Park hotel where I've stayed before, but it was full.

In fact, most of the places I called listed on the Bloodstock site were full - as one lovely old lady put it 'Oh no sorry, thats the weird weekend, we're booked up really early'

She had noooooo idea why.

So, if you are looking to book somewhere, my advice would be to do it asap unless you want to be miles out of the city centre and paying a fortune in cabs.

On a similarish theme (well, not really.....) I notice on my tickets that the shows finish at 11pm. That is a little before my bedtime, so does anyone know of any metal clubs / bars that will be open after the shows? :headbang:

Stayed in the Pennine, have re-booked it this year, not a brill place but they have beds, are close by and are cheap! thats all that matters!

they are chuffed with me this year, got me, the 3 i got to come with me and the additional 10 i got to come with us this year, makinj' a total of 14 rooms booked, 10 single and 2 double rooms, lol!