Playing all through the night

Sunbane

Metalistic Madman
Sep 3, 2002
Gävle, Sweden
www.sunbane.net
Ever had this happen to you?

I got home at 3 a.m. last night, but I wasn't very tired, so I thought I'd just spend a few minutes with my Jackson. Big mistake. Four hours later I was still playing. :p At that point I noticed that dawn was breaking. I checked the watch and went "WHOOAAA!!!". Went to bed shortly thereafter, but of course I severly overslept my lectures today. :p

'bane

Reactions: xenophobe
Yeah, that happens to me a lot. I remember one time this semester I started playing the guitar at midnight, and the next time I looked at the clock it was 4 a.m. Thank God I didn't have a class until 2 that afternoon.

It only happened to me one time (that I remember) I didn't lose much sleep either, I stopped playing at 1:30 AM and went straight to bed.

happens to me 2-3 nights a week :) Its funny when its like 7:30 am and you're sitting around with your guitar, eyes are totally bloodshot, you're delerious, can't feel your face lol..

I usually write my best songs when im up jamming that late,.,..,but it kicks the shit out of me the next day at school.,,.:ill:

Typically I go to bed and can't sleep becaue I feel the need to pick up my guitar and mic and sing! But that's a bit out of the question, cause people nearby wouldn't like someone yelling in the middle of the night (or the end of it...;)), would they?

Feanor IV said:
But that's a bit out of the question, cause people nearby wouldn't like someone yelling in the middle of the night (or the end of it...;)), would they?
Hey, a guy that used to live in our dorm corridor had nu such inhibitions. He would come home drunk, grab the guitar and start playing oasis songs while howling the lyrics.
puke.gif

He would stop it if anyone complained, but next weekend it was the same thing all over again - and sometimes he brought friends to howl the lyrics along with him.
Unfortunately he moved out before I could realise my plans to kill him... :devil:

'bane

no way dude, during the day I have no motivation to play guitar for some reason, I always get into it in the evening.. then at night it just carries on :)

Reactions: xenophobe
Sometimes I pick it up, and I'll only play for a few minutes... other times, I won't be able to let go.

I don't know how many times I've stayed up and played for a half dozen hours or more.

Sometimes you're just playing well and having a good flow, and you don't want it to stop. :)

Reactions: YaYo
I tend to do that frequently. Usually when I'm bored or feel I need to play something new. It's worth it though.