Please accept my deepest apologies...

Justin G

Jul 28, 2007
Northern VA
www.facebook.com
...for ever doubting the metal majesty of Primal Fear. Here I had written them off as a Priest clone, and they came out and totally kicked my ass! Amazing amazing performance. The band was tight and Ralf is a first class frontman. That was the most "metal" PPUSA performance ever.

And while I'm at it, I should acknowledge the fact that also dissed Pagan's Mind. I wasn't thrilled by their PPUSA IV set, but watching them during the All Star Jam brought up my respect for their professionalism and flexibility immensely. Oh me of little faith.

Its pretty accurate to say Primal Fear started out as a band without an identity beyond trying to rewrite Painkiller, but over the last couple of albums or so they have really started to develop their own sound. For me Seven Seals is where they finally sound like something different that you can simply call Primal Fear - and they DO kick ass.

...for ever doubting the metal majesty of Primal Fear. Here I had written them off as a Priest clone, and they came out and totally kicked my ass! Amazing amazing performance. The band was tight and Ralf is a first class frontman. That was the most "metal" PPUSA performance ever.

And while I'm at it, I should acknowledge the fact that also dissed Pagan's Mind. I wasn't thrilled by their PPUSA IV set, but watching them during the All Star Jam brought up my respect for their professionalism and flexibility immensely. Oh me of little faith.
Now you KNOW what the rest of us have already realized for many years, my friend. PRIMAL FEAR IS FOREVER!:worship:rock::kickass:

Glad you liked Primal Fear. If I may suggest, purchase their DVD "history of fear" so you can see them at work in two other concerts.

And if you have sufficient funds purchase one of their older albums and their newest album. I think you'll like what you hear. I also was impressed by other bands at this show that I had never heard of before.

Spread the Fear. Primal Fear.

Glad you liked Primal Fear. If I may suggest, purchase their DVD "history of fear" so you can see them at work in two other concerts.

And if you have sufficient funds purchase one of their older albums and their newest album. I think you'll like what you hear. I also was impressed by other bands at this show that I had never heard of before.

Spread the Fear. Primal Fear.
That DVD is a 10/10 easily!:headbang: ANGEL IN BLACK was the single best song at PPUSA VIII, IMO.:worship:

Its pretty accurate to say Primal Fear started out as a band without an identity beyond trying to rewrite Painkiller

I don't think that statement is accurate in the least. If you look back at the 2 parts that came together to form Primal Fear, Scheepers and Sinner, you'll find that Scheepers' Tyran Pace was doing a very similar although old school version of the type of music they perform now. Tyran Pace existed circa 1983-1986, 4 years prior to Painkiller. Then add Sinner who opted to go heavy on 1995's "Bottom Line" and then moreso on "Judgement Day" in 1997. Add the 2 parts and after investigating both acts, you'll hear an amalgamation of the 2. Although to many it sounds like Painkiller, the ground work for Primal Fear was being laid at least 4 years prior to Painkiller's existence. I don't think they, in any way, were trying to replicate Painkiller as much as they were producing the sum of the individual parts of their respective histories.

I don't think that statement is accurate in the least. If you look back at the 2 parts that came together to form Primal Fear, Scheepers and Sinner, you'll find that Scheepers' Tyran Pace was doing a very similar although old school version of the type of music they perform now. Tyran Pace existed circa 1983-1986, 4 years prior to Painkiller. Then add Sinner who opted to go heavy on 1995's "Bottom Line" and then moreso on "Judgement Day" in 1997. Add the 2 parts and after investigating both acts, you'll hear an amalgamation of the 2. Although to many it sounds like Painkiller, the ground work for Primal Fear was being laid at least 4 years prior to Painkiller's existence. I don't think they, in any way, were trying to replicate Painkiller as much as they were producing the sum of the individual parts of their respective histories.
You tell 'em, Woosta! :headbang: