Please Don't Judas Me - Lost track....

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Anybody know this song? I really liked a few of the Nazereth albums, in particular Hair of the Dog. To be frank, the title track only annoys me these days, but Miss Misery, Changin' Times, Beggars Day are great. Then there is the above mentioned - Please Don't Judas Me. Pound for pound it's got more atmosphere than most of what's out there. Just an eerie, brooding, haunting track.

Probably one of the best Naz songs ever. The closest thing to true progressive rock they have ever made.

"Hair Of The Dog" is one of those unlook albums since the title track is such a hit, and if you have the US version you can add their biggest hit of them all 'Love Hurts' into the arena. That makes songs like Please Don't Judas Me a total unknown, when musically is far more superior than the hits.

THANK YOU!!!! Grew up cruising down E street with this release blaring!!! Sadly never saw them live but those old 3' Yamaha cabinets I had were very close!!!

YOU KNOW I'm going home and throwing this cd in! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Nightshade said:
Yeah, that's a winner. We have that CD. We skip Love Hurts every time, LOL!

Ha ha. I skip it too, though I was quite "affected," by it in high school. I skip the title track as well. The rest is awesome.

ElectricWiz said:
Ha ha. I skip it too, though I was quite "affected," by it in high school. I skip the title track as well. The rest is awesome.

I disagree a bit. My version (European) doesn't carry 'Love Hurts' so it doesn't matter to me, but I don't like 'Miss Misery' or Whisky Drinkin' Woman, the rest are damn fine tunes.

Wyvern said:
I disagree a bit. My version (European) doesn't carry 'Love Hurts' so it doesn't matter to me, but I don't like 'Miss Misery' or Whisky Drinkin' Woman, the rest are damn fine tunes.
Often, for me, the first 50 or 60 times I hear a "hit" it's OK, but the 2nd day it starts to grate on my nerves. It was never like that for "Love Hurts". Geeeezus! What a weenie-whiney-pee-pants song! Blech! You're better for not having our version with that song! :D

Nightshade said:
Often, for me, the first 50 or 60 times I hear a "hit" it's OK, but the 2nd day it starts to grate on my nerves. It was never like that for "Love Hurts". Geeeezus! What a weenie-whiney-pee-pants song! Blech! You're better for not having our version with that song! :D

Well believe it or not I love 'Love Hurts', it's one of those perennial hits that can be played ad nauseaum. I like a lot the symphonic version that came in "Move Me".

On the other hand since I never hear radio whatsoever I'm pretty shielded against burn out. Commercial radio does not know when to stop and oftenly kill music in the name of entertainment.

Commercial radio does not know when to stop and oftenly kill music in the name of entertainment.

Isn't that what happened with 80's metal to an extent.... over saturation of the market, any one releasing anything metal related be it with or without talent and skills...too much for the market to bear. .........

kittybeast said:
Isn't that what happened with 80's metal to an extent.... over saturation of the market, any one releasing anything metal related be it with or without talent and skills...too much for the market to bear. .........

Yep! Thats exactly what happend.

Wyvern said:
Well believe it or not I love 'Love Hurts', it's one of those perennial hits that can be played ad nauseaum. I like a lot the symphonic version that came in "Move Me".
Talking about Nazareth ballads, how about "Where Are You Now" ? :D

Fangface said:
Talking about Nazareth ballads, how about "Where Are You Now" ? :D

OK, here goes Wyvern's story about that song:

The song being included in one of the worst Nazareth albums "Sound Elixir" is also a neat ballad. Years ago was a disco here which played only classic rock/metal being the aforementioned song part of the slow/romantical set.

Well one night being there yours truly finally got his beloved friend Aisling to dance the song with, which was damn cool since I had a crush for her, and it allowed me to get more...close :Spin:

Anyway, the same night while we were dancing to the song Darrell Sweet drummer of the band, died of a heart failure while on tour.

Up to this day I still feel like shit that I was dancing while the guy was dying :cry:

Nazareth, Molly Hatchet and Blackfoot remind of the days growing up in the 80's
hanging out in the rowdy pool halls with all the biker dudes and chicks hearing all
their storys about the 60's, 70's and shit. Many cool memories!