please give me some feedback on mix of my little metal clip

i like this alot, its not the most amazing tone ever, but its good for what it is. The only thing i have a prob with is the bass in the mix is a little distracting. Nice job though

i like this alot, its not the most amazing tone ever, but its good for what it is. The only thing i have a prob with is the bass in the mix is a little distracting. Nice job though

Thank you !:)

I used a preset form Guitar Rig 3. Sometimes I also use POD farm.
I didn't really do much tweaking on the one, I must admit.

About the bassline: do you tihnk it would sound better if I have the bass play the same line as the guitars?

Thnaks again for your kind words,

Lars

i dont think that you need to change the bass line, i just think its pulsing almost (like quiet, loud, quiet, loud) which i imagine a compressor would solve that problem, but dont take my word for it, im still kinda a newb lol. One thing i always have problems with is making my music blend, i always have the drums and guitars and bass playing with eachother, but as opposed to playing with eachother they tend to play on top of eachother. This however is not the case IMO. What did you use for drums?

i dont think that you need to change the bass line, i just think its pulsing almost (like quiet, loud, quiet, loud) which i imagine a compressor would solve that problem, but dont take my word for it, im still kinda a newb lol. One thing i always have problems with is making my music blend, i always have the drums and guitars and bass playing with eachother, but as opposed to playing with eachother they tend to play on top of eachother. This however is not the case IMO. What did you use for drums?

Thanks for your feedback!

Drums is Superior Drummer 2.0 with the Metal Foundry SDX, and I used one of the presets.

The drums sound really thin and they're not complimenting the guitars. On the other hand, the bass sounds like it has TOO much low end and just sounds like a low hum with no melody to it... The riffs sound great though dude!

The drums sound really thin and they're not complimenting the guitars. On the other hand, the bass sounds like it has TOO much low end and just sounds like a low hum with no melody to it... The riffs sound great though dude!

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!

About the drums sounding thin: is that merely a matter of volume or more of EQing?
Yeah, maybe I should have the bass play the same line as the guitars do.
(I'm still a noob with all of this)

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!

About the drums sounding thin: is that merely a matter of volume or more of EQing?
Yeah, maybe I should have the bass play the same line as the guitars do.
(I'm still a noob with all of this)

It's always better to EQ something before throwing tons of volume at it IMO. They're not cutting through or complimenting the guitars or bass so volume won't help that much. I would tweak the EQ on the bass too. Give it a little more punch..

It's always better to EQ something before throwing tons of volume at it IMO. They're not cutting through or complimenting the guitars or bass so volume won't help that much. I would tweak the EQ on the bass too. Give it a little more punch..

Thanks again, dude !
I will work on the mix.
I got so much to learn still about recording and mixing, but I enjoy it :)