Please help me about HyperSonic/EWQL...

symphonicmind

ULTRABOLD.net
Sep 24, 2008
www.ultrabold.net
I'm getting trouble with some multichannel vsti (except from EZD-DFH and AddicttiveDr) like HyperSonic and EastWeast QL Silver :(
When I chose more than 1 instruments, in the Mixer Window Cubase always shows full 8 channels, yeah, it's ok. But when I play all of them, all the instruments' output has been sent to first channel! T_T I dont know how to solve that problem. It drives me crazy because I can't mix invidual channel +_+.
I have another problem with HyperSonic: I dont know why each time I press stop/play button or the track has an automation touch already, the patch in HyperSonic will change instrument .... randomly T_T ~X( I have the same problem with other Steinberg Product: Halion 3.

Please help me fix them! Thank you very much!

Images below are screenshot:
ScreenHunter_001.jpg

ScreenHunter_002.jpg

ScreenHunter_003.jpg

Well i know the fix for multichannel east west...

See the button called groupedit.

Well above that it says 1/2. Click on the 1/2 and you will get a drop down selection of 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 etc...

This drop down selection is actually what controlls which of the eight channels it is outputting to in cubase. So you can go through and choose a different one for each different instrument.

As for the hypersonic problem i cannot help you.

thank you so much!
I fixed problem with EWQL.
I used midi file from guitar pro.
I have temporary solution for HyperSonic that is ReWire Mode. Using that method, I would be able to mix invidual track, but it still change the patch randomly T_T

Ah, well instruments switching by themselves in VSTi's (such as hypersonic) is an inherent problem of importing midi from Guitar Pro.

You see when you export a MIDI from guitar pro, it likes to add a bunch of MIDI data that is not all that neccessary to the start of the midi file such as what instrument, volume, panning etc... each track should be. So when you import the MIDI into a DAW such as Cubase your midi tracks will sometimes behave weird and switch instruments by itself.

To fix this
Step 1:
For each different MIDI track, select the first part/segment in Cubase so it has a red box around it

e.g.

step1selectmidi.jpg

Once selected with a red box, right click on it and goto 'MIDI->open list editor'

Step 2:

This will open the list editor which contains all of the individual MIDI data commands for that track. Now you want to delete all of the crap that Guitar Pro adds at the beggining.

You may have to scroll down in this window to find it, but you want to find the first entry called Note. Hold Shift+click and highlight all of the entries above the first Note entry and press delete to get rid of them all.

e.g.

step2deletedata.jpg

You will need to do this with each MIDI track. (the offending MIDI data will always be right at the start)

Problem solved, no more magic instrument changing.