Midi keyboard issues (HELP)

Fandus

Aug 13, 2009
Hey guys,

I use a Novation impulse 49 midi keyboard and lately it's been doing something very odd.

this keyboard has 49 keys aswell as a bunch of faders and knobs etc. The problem is while inside protools the keys do nothing. all the faders, knobs, stop/start/record etc buttons work, just it won't allow me to use it to play instruments.

the keys do work, however, in standalone applications such as kontakt or play.

in protools i have all the right things ticked in all the right places. i've got the impulse and automap hui checked in the midi input devices, and i have the hui set up in peripherals. midi thru on or off makes no difference.

this hasn't always been the case, only happened recently. maybe i should try to reinstall protools or something incase of some kind of file corruption? i dont know...

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

i will be lodging this error with avid too, but in the past you guys have been quicker to solve the issue than customer support.

Dear Fandus,

Thanks for your thread.

Is the issue still ongoing?

Please give details about your operating system, which version of Automap you are using and if you are connecting the Impulse via a hub or not. Have you tried different USB ports and cables? Are there other devices connected? If yes, please remove them and connect solely your Impulse directly to a working USB port on your computer, using the minimum of Software needed.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via the following contact form:

http://www.novationmusic.com/answerbase/en/contact.php

Let me know, if I can be of any further assistance.

With best regards,

Marcel // Customer support Novation and Focusrite

I swapped pc etc and reinstalled everything on the new machine and everything is working out perfectly these days. I do believe the issue was on Protools, not novation as it worked in every other program without issues.