Need help with USB midi keyboard ez drummer setup

Incognito Man

Jan 27, 2009
Hello, I am a midi noob and just got a akai lpk25 usb midi controller to use with creating beats in ez drummer, the problem is i don't know how to get it to work. I plugged the keyboard in and the pc said the device is ready to use but I can't get it to trigger ez drummer.

Also none of the midi lights on my digi002 interface are light up.

How do I set this up to work?

Thanks!

Which DAW?
With Cubase I've always needed to activate the midi keyboard before starting Cubase, otherwise it wouldn't see it.

You can try downloading fresh drivers for the midi controller, just because Windows finds drivers doesn't mean they're good and up to date.

The interface wont lit up because you are using the USB input instead of the MIDI inputs on the interface.

I'm using pro tools 10 on a digi002 rack pc.

This keyboard is driverless so it does not come with any drivers, perhaps this is the problem?

When I go to setup/periphials/midi controllers it does not list my keyboard so i have tried to create a new device in the midi studio setup menu but I just don't know enough about what I am doing to get this going.

Ok I got it to write the midi in real time but I am unable to hear anything as i press the keys. I can only hear it on playback. Any ideas?

Also I an unable to know what keys will trigger the kick and snare ect...

My keyboard doesn't cover the section on the piano roll where the kicks and snares are