Please Help!

discouraged1

disco my arse!
May 24, 2001
Belgrade, Serbia
www.myspace.com
last night i borrowed a line6 delay pedal from a friend for my gig and everything went dead good until at one moment it just stopped working.

it does bypass the sound when not turned on, but when i click on it, it blinks and the tap button works, but there is no sound at all.

have anyone had any problems with it?
is there any way i could fix it?

the only thing i noticed is that the power i used (and the guy from whom i borrowed it), its 1000mA and on the pedal it says '1200mA minimum' (it worked well with this very same adopter, or whatever this thing is called, for whole 2 years).

if its any help, i know many musicians play this pedal, maybe youve heard someone else had some malfunction with it too.
heres the pic:
1269.jpg

please help. i hope i dont have to buy the new one, cause i know its about 300 euros worth. whats even worse is that its borrowed.

step1: try it with different cords so you're sure its not a cable problem.

step2: try to change all the settings and see if maybe you've got it set to gain 0.

step3: do as moonlapse said.

its not a cable problem. when the pedal is off it bypasses the sound perfectly. when its on the sound is muted (but the light blinks). of course i changed all the settings. thanx moonlapse, i mailed the support and made a visit to their forum; and whats worst is that im not the only one who has these problems.

That sure is unlucky that it would crap out while you were using it, lol.. It doesn't look too good for live playing though. I have a Digitech Multi-effect guitar pedal and the blue pedals are right out in the open so I just step on them and it changes between many different sounds.. I didn't even see where the pedal was on that one. Maybe after you get that one fixed, you could look into the digitech RP300A which is what I have, they also have better and worse ones depending on how much cash you are ready to dish out..

I think my rp300a was $250.. :D

All I can say in relation to your problem is just try to check all the wire connections, and make sure you didn't blow up your amp or something, and check it's settings also. The bass on my pedal can be turned up pretty high and sometimes it is dangerously loud and could probably damage the amp.. >.>

Actually I got the exact same problem back when my stompboxes used to run out of battery power.

Are you running it off batteries or do you have it hooked into a constant power supply?

If it's the latter then the pedalboard may be having problems routing the power through itself correctly.

maybe an internal connection is broke or burned out. if that's the case, get it fixed professionally unless you have (as said above) a multimeter and a working knowledge of how delay circuits work and what should be wired to what.