Please rate my Alt Pop/Rock mix.

The Front Studio

What are you looking at!?
Dec 30, 2009
I found this in my folders today.
It's something me and a friend of mine recorded a little while back.
We tried to gave it a Circa Survive feel, though that didn't work out that well.
Drums are EZX DFH.
Please tell me what you think, and I could do better/adjust
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8560211

I can see the circa influence, but it doesn't grove or swing hard enough to be circa. lol. Good job nonetheless.

I think you should make everything sound more as one unit as opposed to one guitar left, one guitar right, bass, etc. Make it all join together so you have no idea whats playing what. That's what I love about circa. Their music is rather simple to play, but the way they sit in in the mix and overal in their song is just beautiful.

I can see the circa influence, but it doesn't grove or swing hard enough to be circa. lol. Good job nonetheless.

I think you should make everything sound more as one unit as opposed to one guitar left, one guitar right, bass, etc. Make it all join together so you have no idea whats playing what. That's what I love about circa. Their music is rather simple to play, but the way they sit in in the mix and overal in their song is just beautiful.

So I have to pan it more to the middle?
btw do you like the drums? :p

No. Panning less wouldn't help. Its partially in the performance and composition of the song. Circa grooves really really hard. Their songs flow incredibly well and it has a lot to do with their songwriting. But in addition to that, the mix blends everything in together. There is a lot of stuff going on in a circa mix and everything just melts together.

The drums sound good, but again, there isn't a groove with em.

No. Panning less wouldn't help. Its partially in the performance and composition of the song. Circa grooves really really hard. Their songs flow incredibly well and it has a lot to do with their songwriting. But in addition to that, the mix blends everything in together. There is a lot of stuff going on in a circa mix and everything just melts together.

The drums sound good, but again, there isn't a groove with em.

hah yeah I know what you mean =)