Please rate my mix

the mix sounds very good man can you give some details.. i dont like the drum sound too much but thats a matter of taste keep up the good work cool song too..........

The guitar are POD X3 live BigBottom model quad tracked. The bass is POD X3 Live as well with some standard preset which I added a screamer to. The first mixes were made by headphones and the balance between the bass and the rest of the mix sounded good until I played it through my monitors. Then it completely took over the mix and just sounded "boomy". So I lowered it and added a multipressor. I found it really tricky to get the bass right in the mix. Any pointers?

Drums are DFH tweaked with some samples and EQ'ing. Thought they sounded pretty good at first but the more I listen to it the more I dislike them. Have tried ADDrums but it seems like I can't get anything sound good with them even though from what I've heard from other stuff on this page I tend to think they sound more realistic than DFH. Guess I have to lay down some hours learning velocities etc. in ADDrums. :Smug:

Mastered in Izotope Ozone with some standard preset. Anyone have any other recommendations for mastering tools that I can use with Logic?

Finally I've managed to get something sound pretty good in Addictive Drums :)

Another problem though. When I master the track I get some distorted sounds, like if something peaking in the mix (listen and you'll understand). And I'm pretty sure it's AD who make this. I've made my preset from looking at the different presets Fuge posted at this forum and this isn't something I can hear at his awesome mixes and songs. Anyone who can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers!

http://www.incrave.se/mp3/test1AD.mp3

Okey, I believe that I've found the problem who was responsible for the clipping. Can anyone still here some clipping?

Anyone who can give me some advice how I can improve the mix?

Cheers!

I like the mix, I prefer the kick and cymbal sounds from DFH, and the snare from AD. The guitars on the AD clip are also a million times better than the DFH clip. The mix on a whole is much better. That sample starts to get on my nerves after a while, too, especially with it coming out on the left a lot more, but if you dig that, it's cool.

Good stuff, man! I'm currently chosing between DFH and AD. Kick drums are important to me, so that may have helped me make a decision.

Sounds really good... But work on the drums
details on what guitar you were using and how much gain you had on the X3's BB plz...