Looking for a singer – Melodic Death ala Gothenburg

worthingtoni

Apr 14, 2008
My brother and me are currently writing songs and recording demos for a project called “Decipher Me”. The music will be something in style with the modern melodic death metal bands like Dark Tranquility, In Flames etc. Our intentions is to release an album where our main bands record label are involved.

This song is not fully completed but I guess there’s enough to record some vocals. This is also not a final mix; it’s just a demo recording. We haven’t decided if we want both growling vocals and clean vocals yet so it’s really up to You.

If You’re interested in recording some vocals, use the mp3 at the bottom of this post and play around with it. Mail it to: jon.balefalk@gmail.com

Recording instructions
First verse starts at: 0:28
Bridge starts at: 0:48
Chorus starts at: 0:57
Second verse starts at: 1:48
Second chorus starts at: 2:07

Thanks!

http://www.incrave.se/mp3/TestMix.mp3

o its sounds very najs i like it...i try to sing little next weak... what stuff you use on this track,,, eq and all that stuff..

Looking forward to hear what you can do! :)

I've recorded it in logic. Guitars are Pod X3 with Big Bottom model and Engl v30 impulses. Quad tracked with two gitars panned hard left and right and the other two about 80% left and right. I've done very little post processing, just the regular high and low cut and I've cut some unwanted frequencies.

The bass guitar are recorded with gearbox but I will re-record it when I've got time.

Drums are DFH but everything except the overheads are replaced with samples.

Awesome riffs guys!
I might have a crack myself!
Cheers

Thanks man! Go for it and post it here or just mail me the stuff :D

Hey sounds great. Any chance you could post the Podx3 tone you used and the impulse used? Your tone is pretty much exactly what i've been looking for.

What samples did you use for DFH? I think you should lower the OH... and is there any samples on the Toms?

I like it .. but I dont like the part where you stop .. "have......in..........side......"(?) I dont know if those are the correct lyrics hehe but you should do the whole song :D

Ps: Worthingtoni post your samples :)

I like it .. but I dont like the part where you stop .. "have......in..........side......"(?) I dont know if those are the correct lyrics hehe but you should do the whole song :D

Ps: Worthingtoni post your samples :)

Thanks.

I'll rework it, maybe borrow a better mic or something. :lol: