please rate my song!!!!

gabriel g.

Sep 7, 2006
Hamburg
www.myspace.com
I have no idea about ftp stuff so I upload the song at yousendit.com but please take the time to download it.

I recorded all the stuff, produced it and mixed and pre-mastered it.
It´s for my bands new ep which hopefully becomes a bigger deal then our debut;)

So please give me some tips to make it better then it is.
the setup: macbook pro, cubase 4.1, waves platinum native

everything recorded with my mackie onyx 1640 firewire.
Mics for drum audixX, sennheiser, shure and rhode and mxl for high-hat.
No amp simulations. Recorded with two amps. First one engl thunder standard. Second engl thunder signature (about 10years old)
Marshall 4x12 v30 (the good old one)
Two mic technic (fredman I think) with sennheiser e606 and sm57

Guitars are ibanez sz with dimebucker and ibanez signature (slipknot) with emg 81
Bass is warwick amp and ibanez bass.

http://download.yousendit.com/CE4F52B939088E1E

so sorry for the yousendit link but I had no other options.
So please take the time!!!

cheers and thanks

ps: vocals will be recorded next week

This sounds very good man !

I noticed a few things though :

- from 0'12/0'13 on there is some stuff going on with the low frenquencies... as if you suddenly pushed the bass fader at that moment in your DAW/on your mix console. (IT soudns better from this moment on than before).

-when there is this tom beat going on (around 0'25 for example) the toms sound a little thin/clicky, they lack of body a little bit. Not a majour issue though.

-You called the file "deathcore" ... i'm sorry but i hardly hear any death metal in your stuff... for me it's just metalcore... (your stuff is quite good compared to most of the bands in this genre). I know labels on music are kinda nonsense but if you have to put one on your music i hate when one says it's "hardcore" when it has nothing to do with hardcore (in France we used to have crappy nu-metal bands that labelled themselves as "hardcore"... then i'm not surprised to hear metal kids piss on "hardcore" :) ) or when they say it's "death metal" when it has just a few retarded chugga chugga B-string mosh parts in their music.

No offense though.

p.s: it would have been interesting not to give any details on the guitar amps used and let's see what everybody would say about the guitar tone and guess the amp... I think many people would have say other amps (let's say 5150 or whatever) but no ENGL Thunder... I don't "love" the guitar tone here but i think it sounds very good.

thanks for the reply!!!

I worked with the bass a bit and I think now it works better in the mix.
Same for the tomes. A little less reverb works great;)

And the title "deathcore" is only the studio working title.
And yeah we are a straight metalcore band!!! but this song has the most deathish style so we named it as working title deathcore;)

And to compare the thunder with the 5150 come very close.
At first I wanted the 5150 but then I played the thunder and I thought, why spending 800 euro more...

Hey that sounds pretty cool. I have never played an ENGL Thunder amp, but apparently I need to check one out.

thanks for the reply!!!

I worked with the bass a bit and I think now it works better in the mix.
Same for the tomes. A little less reverb works great;)

And the title "deathcore" is only the studio working title.
And yeah we are a straight metalcore band!!! but this song has the most deathish style so we named it as working title deathcore;)

And to compare the thunder with the 5150 come very close.
At first I wanted the 5150 but then I played the thunder and I thought, why spending 800 euro more...

Alrighty then.