Please turn on the AC

Yes please. Damn it's hot in here. And please also turn off the dance music. WTF is up with the torture?

Find someone in person, or try Twitter or Facebook. The forum is going to be your slowest way to get something to the people in charge.

Have you ever been to Center Stage? It's frequently chilly, even when it's packed. It was unusually warm in there yesterday.

Some singers and bands don't like it cold. It affects the singing, as well as playing (ever tried to play guitar with cold fingers?). So they'll ask for the air to be turned off before the set. Then it's usually kicked on after it, at least for a little bit (depending on the next band). Sure it got a little warm a couple times, but it was never bad.

Some singers and bands don't like it cold. It affects the singing, as well as playing (ever tried to play guitar with cold fingers?). So they'll ask for the air to be turned off before the set. Then it's usually kicked on after it, at least for a little bit (depending on the next band). Sure it got a little warm a couple times, but it was never bad.

Great points.....trying to play guitar with cold fingers sucks !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheiron View Post

Great points.....trying to play guitar with cold fingers sucks !!

Playing an outdoor street party concert in January will be cold fingers definitely. Playing inside with A/C is not cold fingers. And if the singer's cold, all they haveta do is move around more... do laps across the stage if need be. Good exercise after the cramped tour bus/plane ride. Attendees should know by now to bring a hoodie in case. But under no circumstances should A/C ever be cut back... anywhere... at any time. :hotjump: :headbang:

I generally like it cold. A lot of people find it cold in movie theaters or office buildings where I'm perfectly comfortable. I drive around with the AC on in the winter (granted, I live in Florida). I can't recall ever being too cold in an indoor concert venue. I do recall it being too hot during a few ProgPower sets over the years (Hammerfall a few years ago in particular... I was literally drenched in sweat after the set), but I assume those situations were because the bands preferred a higher temperature.

I know one thing for sure though... Jeff Scott Soto wasn't too cold. I'm pretty sure his entire outfit was soaked through with sweat over the course of his set! :)

Vocalist here.
A/C actually dries the air, and it affects your mucous membranes, such as the ones lining your nasal passages, throat, and lungs.
It's not uncommon for the band to request the A/C be cut for that very reason. How many times have you seen a front(wo)man sweating their ass off under those lights and you're roasting in the audience thinking, "Damn, hit the A/C?!" It dries us out! So, it is what it is. *shrug*