PodX3 Tone test - sample clip

Take off that limiter or comp or whatever you put in the master fader. Tone doesn't seem to bad, but can't say shit unless you take that off.
Nice tune, very priest-ish.

Hello Kramer,
I'm downloading the scratch tracks right now. It's still a bit hard to judge as there's a bit too much 'room' coming in from the drums. Go easy on it. Metal needs very little room sound IMHO. The drums are all over the place. I can comprehend that this is a really sweet tone in the likes of JP/Primal Fear stuff, but I can't say anything 100% due to the drums clouding up everything. It's very easy for the room sound to eat up the guitars 'cause both of them have a wide stereo image. If you had a mono room sound things might have been different, but having little experience with mono rooms I can't really say. The first impression drove me off. I'd say mono rooms don't really gel well with true metal.

Take off the comp/limiter on your master buss and make sure everything's peaking below -5db + not even a single clip. Also, when tracking try not to exceed -10db - AD converters can be a bitch sometimes. I can hear some bad pumping. Is your parallel compression aux for the drums too high? Are you over-using a comp on the drum buss? I'm sending you a PM right away digging deep into the case.