aaah... why .. why cant i reach some sort of platform of tone...

Thanks for the motivation bleh-, but i'm sure there is a long way to go ahead
Scratch Tracks Available:
https://files.getdropbox.com/u/1511344/ToneTest - Scratch Tracks.rar
NOTES:-
Tempo: 150
Each guitar track has 3 varieties:
POD: a good preset found on sevenstring.org and tweaked, based on a uberschall with a TS and a Treadplate 4x12
DI: dry track passed through the pod's usb (using the pod as an interface)
PreDI: I realise that the DI signal seems alittle dull so i tried to bring up the volume and a little eq using the vocal preamps of the podx3live
The bass tracks are simply DI recorded - you'll have to pitch shift them and use effects
Post processing in the track - simply a high and low pass on guitars at 12,000Hz and 200Hz, a low pass at 160Hz on bass and a 3db bump at about 1500Hz & for drums, some compression, a tad bit
eq and a 3db high shelf from 5000Hz for some sheen (i think) on the drum mixdown

Hope you guys can do something awesome with this stuff so that i have some hope..

About the amp...

tried out a 6505+ through a peavy cab recently ... sounded very amazing but...... unfortunately, at this time of life i don't have the luxury of the oppurtunity to even consider anything worth considering in the real amp realm:p

Plus, the results that i have heard here with ampsims... this is nothing compared to those.. i can't keep on buying gear without extracting the best of what i have, that would just be wasting (fictional) money..

As much as I'm onboard with PODs for demos and home recordings, it is just infinitely easier to pull a good tone out of a miced amp.
I think Catch 33 was a Pod tone? Does anyone remember that?

maamar - do you mean that i should use a real TS infront of the ampsims? will that really work to improve the tone?

The Broodwich - hey, i'm all down for the hardwork with the ampsims/pod, right now an amp is just not an option..

Some comments on the tone?
Attempts at reamping with either amps/ampsims?
pls?

what mods would you recommend in that case on the ts or will stock be good enough?

You see, the frustration comes from the fact that ppl are getting a million times better tones with purely virtual setups and i'd like to get there without any more expense if possible.. (i know a TS is just $40, but i'm in India, where you don't really get alot of smaller things, or bigger gear like nice amps)

yeah itll work fine because you're not really trying to boost the signal anyway. just color it.

And Kramer, I figured that was the case. Thats how it is at my apartment. I like to be able to tracks ideas late at night so i use the pod mostly, but its such a pain in comparison.

As much as I'm onboard with PODs for demos and home recordings, it is just infinitely easier to pull a good tone out of a miced amp.
I think Catch 33 was a Pod tone? Does anyone remember that?

Everything since Nothing has been Line 6.
obZen would have been Vetta II though.

Folks. I thought this board and people like Joey or Misha were actually the reason why we kinda stopped saying that the problem lies with the POD. It doesn't - it's the user's problem. His/her ears and skills are just not up to it.

The only thing I can say when listening to the OP's clip is: reduce the gain a lot and play tighter - also make the bass as solid as you can to give your guitars definition and bottom.

thanks smy1, thats exactly the type of response i was looking for...
get ready for a buttload of questions... (sorry for asking so many :p)

could you try doing something with the scratch tracks please so i can see what is possible?
i want to know like are my DI's good enough for reamping? Which ones work better, simply POD DI's or the ones with Vocal Preamp emulation from the pod to emulate a DI box in the signal chain (the ones named PreDI) ?
the gain was at around 40% on the pod, still reduce it further? Is my playing really that bad?
how would you recommend making the bass more solid while pitch shifting guitars?
Thanks