Podxt Pro to Pocket Pod??? Rate my tone

lilhermiejobo

Mar 6, 2007
I have the podxt pro and my friend back in the states has a pocket pod (he's a bass player by trade but wants to record guitar ideas and demos).

What I'm trying to do is get a decent sounding tone on my podxt pro using ONLY the amp and cab models he has on the pocket pod...
So, no stomp boxes, no effects, no reverb, no comp, only gate set at 30.
We have different guitars both with standardized factory pickups and I realize that will affect his tone compared to what I get but hopefully at least I'll be able to provide a solid starting point.

Anyway I've put together a short clip using the tone to see what you guys think and also howto improve it.

By the way, is it even possible to load a podxt pro l6t file onto a pocket pod?

Are you aware that the pocket pod is based on pod 2.0 technology which sounds different from the pod xt one? Anyway you're not explaining the reason you're doing this, so I don't know what you're after.

The tone is good though and so is the mix.

Sorry dude, when I wrote in my post that I'm trying to get a solid starting point for a decent guitar tone only using amps and cabs featured on both the podxt pro and the pocket pod for a friend back in the states who wants to record guitar ideas and demos using his pocket pod, I thought I was stating the reason I'm doing this.
Thanks for the compliments, though... its good to know someone unbiased likes the tone and mix. Hopefully my buddy back in the states will, too.