new tone test (podxt + schecter)

Massili

Jun 3, 2005
Hi guys,

Here i'm again, heh

well, i think that now i got a nice tone out my podxt. All i needed was a new guitar, this is my first recording test with my schecter C1 blackjack and im loving it so far!!! All i needed was JB pickup, i think it added much more in my tone! the patch is one i created long time ago, tweaked it for 1min and got very satisfied where with my old guitar (emg81) it never sounded so good!

i got a TS9 borrowed and did a test with it too....well listen to the sample and please tell me what u think.... i THINK it sounds good, at least for now! :)

first 15sec with no TS after 15sec TS added!

SoundClick song info: PODXT + schecter + TS by Disforme - Song info page with free MP3 music downloads

and another test "with no TS", 2 different patches, the one used above and andy's patch, hard panned. no post processing were used in both clips!

SoundClick song info: 2 patches podxt by Disforme - Song info page with free MP3 music downloads

dont paid attention to my sploopy playing!!! :heh:

cool man... thx for the comments! I also think it needs a bit more bite, but im happy it started working well now, the problem now is to get that bite, hehe!

I actually liked the last clip better without the TS. I've found that eq and gain setting on amps and pods must be dialed in with the overdrive in mind if you plan on using one. If you dial in a killer tone on your amp and then throw on a TS the sound might(and often will) sound very farty. ;)
So tweak your amp or pod with the TS activated.

cool jackal...thx for the tip

i think the last one u commented would be the first 15sec without the TS right? i really liked the second clip with the TS actived... i need to tweak more, for sure! thx for the tips!! :kickass: