PODxt + Schecter Jeff Loomis - Some Riffage

JoshDRAH

Aug 6, 2007
What up guys...This is some riffs I recorded the other day for my bands new song. Just wanted to get some opinions...I know the drums kinda suck, just some quick shit I threw together in Fruity Loops so I could get the idea's recorded..more interested in what you think of the guitar tone. Its 4 tracks total...two Big Bottom 100/100 and two Criminal 50/50.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/42wq0q

Hi there!

You got a real nice tight sound there ;)
Though i´d add a bit more bass and up the mids a little, (but i might feel that way because there is no bass recorded) other than that it´s really good!

Did you record the 4 tracks with the same tone? I´ve never recored 4 tracks before i need to take a shot at it.
Did you duplicate the tracks or play 4 different ones and panned accordingly?

P.S - The Jeff Loomis model is amazing :D

Hi there!

You got a real nice tight sound there ;)
Though i´d add a bit more bass and up the mids a little, (but i might feel that way because there is no bass recorded) other than that it´s really good!

Did you record the 4 tracks with the same tone? I´ve never recored 4 tracks before i need to take a shot at it.
Did you duplicate the tracks or play 4 different ones and panned accordingly?

P.S - The Jeff Loomis model is amazing :D

Thanks man! I played it four times and panned accordingly...two tracks are the Big Bottom model panned 100/100. Then I changed the tone to my Criminal (5150) patch and recorded two more tracks, panning them 50/50. Yes I absolutely love this guitar =D

Only problem I have with it is that fucking ride sounds like it is kicking me in the face. Maybe the overheads are a little bright/loud. Amazing guitar sound though. I also really like the riffs. Snare is a little buried at times also.It sounds as if it isn't cutting through enough. Try cutting some frequencies in the mids of the guitars and boosting them in the snare a wee bit.

Holy Shit dude!
Can you give more details about the guitar tone?!?
...or maybe share the presets :)
If you don't use impulses i am very impressed :O

Greetings!

Holy Shit dude!
Can you give more details about the guitar tone?!?
...or maybe share the presets :)
If you don't use impulses i am very impressed :O

Greetings!

Nope, no impulses...Its the Treadplate cab sim with the 57 off axis. The Big Bottom tone I use has a lot of low end and mids but if you listened to me just playing on the tone by itself you'd think it was too dark and muddy...but paired with the Criminal, which is pretty mid and trebel heavy, it balances it all out and sounds great. Using the little graphic EQ thing in Gearbox is a must. I use it to add a little more high mids and to cut out the harshness of the high end that the XT is kinda famous for.

your guitar tone sounds incredible man and its even more amazing that you created this sound with the pod xt. Dude if you could share your presets with us that would be awesome :kickass:

i like the kick drum too by the way haha