Need help/opinions on this new PODxt METAL MIX....

JoshDRAH

Aug 6, 2007
I started recording some shit tonight and I'm liking the way its coming along. This is just drums and guitar, no bass yet. The guitar is just two tracks of the Big Bottom model panned 100/100. I've been trying to experiment with different techniques of multi-tracking and panning to get the best sound. So any input you might in that department would help a lot. Hardly any post-eq on this, I brought the upper mids down in Adobe Audition's parametric EQ to try and counter the honky mids that the Screamer stomp on the XT creates. I think I may need to bring them down a bit more. As for the drums, I'm not too worried about those...All the cymbals are default Fruity Loops cymbals. Kick is the Mnemic kick I found on the sneapforum FTP, along with the snare. And the toms are the Sneap toms. These are just quick drums samples in Fruity Loops for recording idea's like this, better drums will be added later. Im worried more about the guitar right now. Any constructive help or citicism you could give is appreciated, I'm pretty novice at this stuff.

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/JoshDRAH/NewIdeas.mp3

Also: If anyone has any good bass tone patches for the PODxt that would be awesome. I cant seem to dial in a good bass tone on my PODxt for the life of me. I like that crisp clear bass tone that has a little bite to it, but I've heard people get some killer bass tones out of the PODxt...Im sure theres a secret to it, so any help in that department would be kickass.

sounds a bit `metallic`
try diamondplate amp and treatplate cabs

..and please post your postEQ pics, or settings

I like it. Good, aggressive, and well executed. Would like to hear some bass and vox on it.

Thanks man...I would like some bass and vox on it as well. I just cant seem to get a decent bass tone on the PODxt for the life of me.