Poets of the Fall - Twilight Theater

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
I've been a fan of this band since I discovered them a couple of years ago. They have almost zero profile outside their native Finland. But when a band like HIM is massive all across Europe but PotF is not then there's something wrong as Poets are just awesome at writing killer catchy melodic tunes. This is their latest album and is again very cool. It's a little bit too downbeat and morose but still very catchy. The best song is the lead off song "Dreaming Wide Awake". The song War is also amazing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW3eFZK8WTA&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CxpnbmKWzU&feature=related[/ame]

Their last two discs are awesome, particularly Carnival of Rust.

(changed the link to a more current one that works)

Last edited by a moderator:
And at least, finally their album will be released in Germany/Switzerland by the end of October. Now, that has been taking some time, hasn't it?!

OMG, I like this A lot!

Like others have posted before me...what a GREAT song and the video...WOW...pretty powerful to me.

I love the melodies for sure....the way the singer uses his voice in this song....I cannot wait to listen to more.

I will be getting this cd for sure. Thank You OP for posting this and turning me onto something new that I had never even heard of before.

They have other cds too? Yes, I am all over this....

Ok, I am going to go listen and watch that video again, and the other videos you posted.

Ok this is weird...I watched " Dreaming Wide Awake " again and the bridge at the 2:50ish mark....just the music reminds me of Genesis....and I know this song songs nothing like them at all, but just that part, the keyboard in the background just has that vibe to it to me.

Then on " War " the way he sings the chorus, again, somehow the pacing of it, I can just hear like Phil Collins singing those lines....

I do not know what the heck I am hearing here, but I was shocked when I found myself thinking this.

" War " is also a solid song...the vocals are solid, I love the style and when that song kicks in the first time, I didnt expect that.....

Alright onto the next video...which from comments, I cannot wait to see what this brings.

I am really into this band so far though......Thanks Again OP!

yeah that Carnival vid is like way out there man. way way out! Great band though and amazing vocal melodies in almost every song.

Again, I am just amazed...the visuals in this video, and the other video conveying such emotion....these are very well done.

I cannot wait to see more from them, and I am just waiting for these guys to break...there is no reason that this could not be big in the U.S.

Perhaps this newest cd, will be the one. ( or maybe they are known, and I am the one late getting to the party. I admit, I do not listen to radio or what music channels while I am staying in the U.S. )

Other people have heard of this band? Finally! :D

The music video is on the odd side, but I love "Locking up the Sun":

Last edited by a moderator:
There was actually a PP newcomer who told me about this band last week. I didn't see anything in the merch room. The video won't load now (computer being crappy) so I'll have to check it out later

MidKnightzar - I think the band is virtually unknown outside of Finland more or less apart from a few fans here and there probably their biggest market is Germany after their homeland of course. They have quite a few albums under their belts as well. They have great songs in their albums that are basically hit singles and then they have introspective songs which are much moodier. This is another one of their hit single type of songs which are just hard to resist. The melodies in this song are to die for. It's from the previous album btw.

I'm actually familiar with them through the Max Payne games (which were created by Finns); they contributed songs to the game soundtrack. I love this kind of clear-as-a-bell singing. I think the closest comparison that could be made to any PP band would be Stride, as they're pretty straightforward rock.

I also fixed the Carnival of Rust video link above, since the previous one got yanked.

(you guys make fun of me for being picky - that just means you should pay attention when I DO like something this much! :D )