New Poets of the Fall video - "Daze"

jaimek

incorrigible
Jun 17, 2003
Apex, NC
Because I think the five or six of you here who are also fans aren't on my Facebook...

I love Marko Saaresto's voice, although I wish he'd lay off the falsetto. Awesome video. The album is out Sept 19th, so too late for ProgPower, but I don't think you can get the physical discs in the US anyway. I bought a few of them in Finland for a friend, but at 19 *Euros* a pop (over $25), I really wish there was a US distributor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=di7NMssrqsE

(edit: I fail at embedding. click the damn link.)

Because I think the five or six of you here who are also fans aren't on my Facebook...

I can't wait for the new album. I believe it was one of your posts when Temple of Thought was coming out that got me to look into PotF the first time. Love them now! I wish we could see them here in the U.S.

I actually think the falsetto is used rather well in this song. I really like the chorus here. It sounds like they haven't lost a step, I'm pumped for this!

I absolutely love POTF, but I can only enjoy Marko's falsetto in small doses. I personally feel the chorus vocals is completely out of place with the rest of the song. Might just take some getting used to. Either way, i'll definitely be pre-ordering this album. The previews on amazon mp3 sound very promising.

It's not intolerable, but I just don't like falsetto in general. Probably because I was forced to listen to New Kids on the Block in school. :lol:

So about six months ago they posted a photo on Twitter along with this caption: "We had to purchase a shredder to get rid of all the record deals we have rejected. Still indie after 10+ years!"

I guess that would explain the lack of American distribution!

I found a used copy of "Carnival of Rust" on ebay for $10 with shipping. There are also a few new/sealed copies of "Revolution Roulette" (shipping from the Ukraine) for $12.50 with shipping - it'll take a few weeks, but that's half to a third of the usual import price.

I love Marko Saaresto's voice, although I wish he'd lay off the falsetto. Awesome video. The album is out Sept 19th, so too late for ProgPower, but I don't think you can get the physical discs in the US anyway. I bought a few of them in Finland for a friend, but at 19 *Euros* a pop (over $25), I really wish there was a US distributor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=di7NMssrqsE

(edit: I fail at embedding. click the damn link.)

awesome!