PofO's next album

Ultima Ibanez Overlord

-=The Dude Abides=-
Mar 17, 2002
999 letsby avenue
www.mp3.com
I know it's very soon to think of something like this, but has anyone begun to work on new material?
Musical ideas are never far away for a musician. As soon as you've decided to leave a song and say "it's finished", another idea usually pops into mind.

Have you guys given any thought to prog rock's staple: the concept album?
I think a lot of prog bands do this too readilly, but I think PofO have enough musical dexterity to accomplish it well.

Hey there Lee!!!

Well, believe it or not... there are definitely new ideas floating around for the next CD...and if all goes as planned we'll have the new disc ready for next year's US ProgPower event (Nov/03)
As for a concept...the last two CDs were very loose concept discs...we've never really written a full-blown concept CD, and I'm not really sure if Chris wants to persue writing a full conceptual disc this time around. We've definitely talked about it... but he usually likes to write from personal experiences, and not to mention he likes to write in a way that makes the listener interpret the song for themselves...so at this point, we don't have plans for a full on concept CD, but then again, nothings is set in stone until it's on a CD ready for pressing ;)

~D

Here we are anxiously awating Rooms of Anguish, and already looking for new Power of Omens material. How awesome it would be to have another CD ready by ProgPower IV!

Does live from the rehearsal room count??? :lol:

Actually that's a cool idea....maybe we can look into that the next time we go out and do some shows.... ;)

I'm curious to see how many others would be interested in getting a hold of something like that. :cool:

~D

We usually do lots of those rehearsal room recordings... but I like the idea of recording one of ours shows...just for the hell of it... because even if we did do a rehearsal recording, I might be tempted to dig up my old Kiss Alive record just to sample the audience screaming and dub it onto our recording... :lol:

~D

Actually, if we REALLY wanted to do something cool, we'd do it in video...

And if we wanted it to be REALLY, REALLY cool, (and Alex had broadband) we'd stream it live... ;)

And if we wanted it to be REALLY, SUPER DUPER, CRAZY WAC COOL, we'd have a harem of topless beauties there to feed us grapes whilest we jam!!!

Ahh, the infinite possibilities...

CH

I'd be very interested in either a live show recording or a rehearsal room one. Both have good things going for them.
The live show one, for me, is a chance to hear the band playing live, which, unless I can make it over to the 'States for PP4, might be my only chance for some time.
The rehearsal room one is a more intimate "view" of the band. Definitely something special.
Dunno about that Kiss-audience idea though :lol:

Can't you just get Jax there to whoop and cheer in many different timbres? ;)

:lol:

That reminds me of a joke I heard:

These two guys are stuck out in the countryside one night, and they find this remote farmhouse. They knock the door, and an old man answers. He says they can stay for the night, but that his young daughter must not be disturbed. He's telling them he's had lots of young men trying to bed her, and he doesn't want any trouble, especially as he's doing them such a favour. They agree, and he let's them in to stay the night.
They catch sight of the daughter during the evening, and she is stunning. They can't resist her, and during the night, whilst the farmer owner sleeps, they both attempt to go in her room. She screams out, and the old man comes running with his shotgun.
He tells both the guys that he warned them, and now they'll have to pay the consequences. He says "ok, you both have to run around the house, and come back with an object, or I'll blow your heads clean off!!"
After several minutes, one of the guys returns to the old man, clutching a bunch of grapes. The old man says "Right, I'm going to shove each of these grapes up your arsehole. And if you make a sound, I'm going to blow your head off!!"
Slowly and deliberately, he begins to insert each grape, one at a time, in the guy's rectum.
After about 30 grapes, just as he's nearing the last few, the guy bursts out into laughter.
The farmer cocks the gun and is about to blow his head off when he stops and asks "just out of curiosity, why on earth did you laugh??". The guy replies "I saw my friend coming back with a pineapple".

:D

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
:lol:

That reminds me of a joke I heard:

These two guys are stuck out in the countryside one night, and they find this remote farmhouse. They knock the door, and an old man answers. He says they can stay for the night, but that his young daughter must not be disturbed. He's telling them he's had lots of young men trying to bed her, and he doesn't want any trouble, especially as he's doing them such a favour. They agree, and he let's them in to stay the night.
They catch sight of the daughter during the evening, and she is stunning. They can't resist her, and during the night, whilst the farmer owner sleeps, they both attempt to go in her room. She screams out, and the old man comes running with his shotgun.
He tells both the guys that he warned them, and now they'll have to pay the consequences. He says "ok, you both have to run around the house, and come back with an object, or I'll blow your heads clean off!!"
After several minutes, one of the guys returns to the old man, clutching a bunch of grapes. The old man says "Right, I'm going to shove each of these grapes up your arsehole. And if you make a sound, I'm going to blow your head off!!"
Slowly and deliberately, he begins to insert each grape, one at a time, in the guy's rectum.
After about 30 grapes, just as he's nearing the last few, the guy bursts out into laughter.
The farmer cocks the gun and is about to blow his head off when he stops and asks "just out of curiosity, why on earth did you laugh??". The guy replies "I saw my friend coming back with a pineapple".

:D

laughabove.gif

LMAO!!! :lol:
roflol.gif

roflolk.gif