Poll: Best Redemption Album?

What is Redemption's best album to date?

• Redemption (2003)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Fullness of Time (2005)

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • The Origins of Ruin (2007)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Frozen in the Moment - Live in Atlanta (2009)

• Snowfall on Judgment Day (2009)

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • This Mortal Coil (2011)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Live from the Pit (2014)

• Discovering Redemption (2015)

• The Art of Loss (2016)

• Long Night's Journey into Day (2018)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NorseBlood

franks n steins
Nov 6, 2013
Smashville
Redemption will once again be performing at ProgPower USA this September (2018), and they will be filming their performance for a later DVD release. In addition, Redemption will be releasing a new album on July 27. There is plenty to look forward to.

So here we have a poll. What is the best Redemption album to date? Note you may wish to change your vote at any time, including after the new album is released, and so you can do that here. Voting for this poll will end at the close of ProgPower USA XIX (September 8).

Not even close, Fullness of Time. The melodies on that album are unbeatable, an all-time classic. To be honest, it has all been downhill from there. They seemed to sacrifice the melodies and immediacy for heaviness. I listen to the new albums and they are well made for sure, but I will be damned if I remember a chorus from any of those last 3-4 albums.

The trio of Fullness, Origins and Snowfall are head and shoulders above any of their other albums. The debut is very mixed. This Mortal Coil suffers from horrible production despite having some good songs. I never got into the Art of Loss because it doesn't seem to have any hooks or memorable melodies - the writing all feels a bit weary.

Snowfall is my personal favourite because it features Black and White World (arguable their strongest individual song) and I find it more consistant.

Reactions: Mardoch
I picked "Snowfall..." only because I thought it was the best sounding album and played the hell out of it in my car. It may not have the best songs, though. I will probably have to change my vote after going back and listening to them all again...

Another "Snowfall..." guy here. I love half of the album (literally all of the even-numbered tracks). Some of the others I either couldn't get into or would trip over myself scrambling to skip to the next track.

I like em all but Art of Loss has some great songs and the best vocals. Can't wait to hear the new one. Redemption is just one of those bands that you know is going to provide new and wonderful music that is meaningful, even if dark.

Fullness. Scarred is one of my favorite songs by any band. I wish they would play it live one of these times....

I like the self-titled also. Rick has a good voice for the music and I remember the Stephen King inspired Desperation was what intrigued me into buying.

Fullness Of Time and Snowfall are pretty close to being a tossup for me as to greatness. But, I think the edge goes to Snowfall for me. While Fullness has Parker's Eyes and Sapphire, Snowfall has Walls, Leviathan Rising, Black And White World and Love Kills Us All/Life In One Day.

Glenn wasn't just whistling Dixie. I downloaded "Long Night's Journey Into Day" from Bandcamp today, and this album can easily be THE album of the year. Its damn good. I'm giving it my vote for best Redemption album.

Origins of Ruin edged out Snowfall for me. Snowfall has some of their best songs ever, but it has more filler than Origins. The new disc is making a strong push for consideration.