POP EVIL Notches Third Chart-Topper In A Row With 'Torn To Pieces'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, Michigan-based act POP EVIL has just landed its third No. 1 hit at rock radio in a row, as the band's current single, "Torn To Pieces", hit the top spot on the Rock chart this week. The song follows "Trenches" and "Deal With The Devil" to the top of the chart, with all three tracks taken from the band's latest studio effort, "Onyx". POP EVIL frontman Leigh Kakaty told The Pulse Of Radio that the song's success has touched him on a very personal level. "If you don't know, the song was part of my healing process when I lost my father back in 2011, and I was so hesitant to release the song — I didn't know if I could emotionally play the song every night," he said. "I didn't know if that's what I wanted to do. But the band was very supportive and, you know, how well the fans have received the song has been rewardingly refreshing and it's helped heal, man. It's closed a lot of wounds for me. So thank you 'Evils' out there for supporting the song. It means a lot." . POP EVIL has encouraged fans through an Instagram campaign to upload photos depicting what the song means to them. "Trenches" has also been selected to serve as the theme song for the Pittsburgh Penguins during the NHL playoffs. POP EVIL recently hit the road on a co-headlining tour with ESCAPE THE FATE that began on April 30 in St. Louis and will wind down on June 1 in Dallas, Texas.

More...