Pop/Rock (real drums, violin, tele, male voc)

Sounds great. Vocal could go down like a db or two in the chorus. During the snare roll at 3 minutes i wish i could hear more snare buzz.

Sounds great. Vocal could go down like a db or two in the chorus. During the snare roll at 3 minutes i wish i could hear more snare buzz.

Thanks! I totally feel you with the vocals, I went back and forth with the overall level of them and in the end I decided it's better a bit too loud than too quiet as it's the main focus of the song. During that part at 3 minutes I raised the room mics but I probably could have raised them more.

Even though it's final mix it's always great to hear some advises so if anyone has something in mind, feel free to share! Also if there are any questions I'd be happy to answer :)

I think you could pan the intro violin slightly more to the left. Maybe scoop the kick a little. Don't have much more to add, it sounded great.

Thanks!

I tried to dial a guitar sound that would fight as little as possible with the violin so I could keep it in the center and the main focus, but panning could have been a good idea as well..
About the kick, I was afraid that it would get too "metal" so I left it quite round. :D I've been listening a lot of Norah Jones and Kings of Leon lately, I love Jacquire King's work! (not that this would sound even near similar, but I'd love to get some of his vibes into my mixes)

Very much appreciated, it's great to hear comments like these!

Thanks!

I tried to dial a guitar sound that would fight as little as possible with the violin so I could keep it in the center and the main focus, but panning could have been a good idea as well..
About the kick, I was afraid that it would get too "metal" so I left it quite round. :D I've been listening a lot of Norah Jones and Kings of Leon lately, I love Jacquire King's work! (not that this would sound even near similar, but I'd love to get some of his vibes into my mixes)

Very much appreciated, it's great to hear comments like these!

I think missed a word or two regarding the kick, I meant to say that the kick has slightly too much 100-300 hz and you could try scooping out some of that. Just a slight dip. That shouldn't change much of its roomy timber, which fits the song great.
Oh well it's a final version and a good one.

Is there an english version for the blog? I'd really like to read that if it's about the recording/mixing process.

I think missed a word or two regarding the kick, I meant to say that the kick has slightly too much 100-300 hz and you could try scooping out some of that. Just a slight dip. That shouldn't change much of its roomy timber, which fits the song great.
Oh well it's a final version and a good one.

Thanks, I might open the project one more time and try that just for learning's sake, as it's indeed a final mix. My room is quite hellish atm, the frequency spectrum goes rollercoaster under 300hz.. Planning to build more basstraps next week. Thank you, means a lot to me since as always with my own stuff I'm pretty uncertain about it and after this was done I was sure it's the worst piece of shit in the face of the earth.. :D

Is there an english version for the blog? I'd really like to read that if it's about the recording/mixing process.

I'm sorry, it's only in Finnish as we had to do it that way for the school assignment. But if you have questions about anything involving I'd be happy to answer!