Porcupine Tree

Eh, not motivated enough. That album left a REALLY shitty taste in my mouth. I feel like I was robbed, despite only spending 10 bucks on it. If they could release something I hated THAT much, odds are against them writing an album I would hail as "worth paying for."

In Absentia is their most "accesible" album to date, so if you cant appreciate the brilliant musicianship of Steve Wilson on Absentia, it is highly unlikely you will like their previous works which are basicaly in the same vein with the exception of Signify and Voyage 34.

Lightbulb Sun is probably my favorite album by them, though I also enjoy In Absentia, Lightbulb Sun just seems to have all the greatness of Stupid Dream and Signify put together, and I really enjoy Steve Wilson's guitar work on this album.

OrestesMantra said:
You sir, need to broaden your musical horizons because PT is truly a brilliant band.
PT is my favorite band, along w/ Opeth. If you are just getting into Porcupine Tree, start off with In Absentia...If its not for you try Signify, or Lightbulb Sun, then Stupid Dream...(hard to get cause its deleated!) If you dont like ANY of those, your hopeless.. haha. No, but really Its hard for me to comprehend for anyone who appreciates good music to blow them off. Oh yea, if you like Pink floyd try Sky Moves Sideways or up The Downstair, just go to kazaa and get a song or two...spare a few minutes!