Pos Cort explorer

Vital Remains

Just a Man
Oct 12, 2005
In a big building
I got this peice of shit cort explorer, with the effects buttons stock pickups and a set neck for like 50 bucks. But let me tell you this thing sounds fucking bad ass. I expected it to sound like shit. But let me tell you all this thing has exactly what i was looking for in sound and had a super flat fretboard and a relatively thin neck. THIS THING SHREDS! Wow maybe i should buy more shitty guitars.

other guitarist in my band has a Cort X Series (looks kinda like an Ibanez with the H-S-H PUs and all that). seems real good for the price, but I dont have much experience with playing it of course.
however he has problems with strings breaking at the Floyd-bridge and with the output-jack (sometimes, the guitar just turns all silent and he has to fiddle around with the plug to make it put out sound again...). but that output-jack-problem may not be a problem of the guitar, but the guitarist as his other guitar (no cort) also got the same problem......... ;)

I know, I told him just this

hopefully its fixed now, we have a gig this friday...

I dunno what the hell the guys does to his guitars, every single guitar he owned so far got the same problem....

maybe its because he accidentally pulls out the plug by stepping on the cable so often....
dunno how to teach him to put the cable through the strap or anything like this to avoid this kind of thing :confused:

he also always has his strap twisted, imagine the laugh we had, when he was playing a friends guitar that had a strap with those pointy metal-things on it (dunno what theyre called in english) for some half an hour and then noticed how much his shoulder was hurting.....:D :D :D

Well i tried to put a dimarzio pickup in the bridge of this thing, but it would not take no matter what. What the hell? it has a batterey compartment. Does that mean it has active electronics? I dont have any guitars with active electronics so i dont know

If it has a battery cavity, then yeah, it would have active pickups.

As for the dude who has a problem with his jack, try telling your friend to buy a good quality cable, that shit helps.

I tried to put a passive dimarzio super distortion in it but it didnt work.... so i had to take all those fucking screws out and put the old pickup back in and solder all the wires and ect ect ect...... They sound pretty good anyways but i like dimarzio