Possible hotel discount for PPUSA X

Which hotel is your first choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I stayed at the Courtyard Techwood, the manager on duty said that the goal was to have the bridge rebuilt by June 2009 (though I've seen on the web October 2009).

June seems awfully optimistic. I'd be inclined to bet on October.

I wonder if the 14th street bridge will be something like the 17th street bridge, where the travel lanes and sidewalks are wide?

All the recently-built spans across the Downtown Connector have been designed that way, so I'm hoping they'll do the same with 14th St.

The same order as above. I'd LOVE to stay at the Granada next year, but that all depends on availability and such. :loco:

The CM Techwood was great this year. A number of bands stayed there and we had a blast. Dunno if this was just a one year thing because Glenn didn't know the status of the Granada's remodeling this year, or if he intends on keeping that a "band hotel" for the future?

The pool was nice at the CM Techwood.. but it was FREEZING cold! :lol:

+1

Anyway, I'm all for a possible discount, and really appreciate MetalRose's effort.

:)

Thanks much for the confidence. :)

As for the discount, yeah I know it could be in vain, but there is no harm in trying and who knows, if I can pit the two hotels together and get a bidding war started... who knows what kind of discount I can get at either hotel?

And I'm very glad that people took advantage of the techwood discount! Perhaps I'll grab a few rooms there next year as well.

-Metal

:)

Thanks much for the confidence. :)

As for the discount, yeah I know it could be in vain, but there is no harm in trying and who knows, if I can pit the two hotels together and get a bidding war started... who knows what kind of discount I can get at either hotel?

And I'm very glad that people took advantage of the techwood discount! Perhaps I'll grab a few rooms there next year as well.

-Metal

:worship: :worship: Thank you Metal for this!

Yes, the techwood walk was perhaps a little troublesome but I was fine with it. It's not as bad as walking 40 minutes or far enough to take public transportation.
The fact that it was clean, they didn't charge me surprisingly for anything, the bands where there, the service was nice, that I didn't have to drive to the venue and that it had a discount was totally worth it.

Would I like a closer hotel? Hell yeah... just as long it's not ridiculously expensive..

No matter what I am going back to the Grenada although the Residence does rock (Flat Screens, hell yeah).
Bear

More importantly, flat screens with a full set of hookups on the side.

DVD Players

Laptop connections.

Playstation or XBox?

Blasphemy maybe--but if we cannot get FX on the tv, the least we can do is bring burns of the FX shows we would miss on that day.