Post-rock/Post Hardcore mix - feedback welcomed :)

I would agree with you on the cymbal issue, they do seem to be a little bit hot. Might consider nudging the snare up just a hare so it sticks out just a little bit more. Other than those slight issues I think it sounds just fine.

Sounds great man. I feel like the bass could use some klank/punch, that that would complement the guitars a lot in this mix. Something like Indukti's bass tone or something. I don't know. Great guitar tone!

I would agree with you on the cymbal issue, they do seem to be a little bit hot. Might consider nudging the snare up just a hare so it sticks out just a little bit more. Other than those slight issues I think it sounds just fine.

Thanks! I agree.

Sounds great man. I feel like the bass could use some klank/punch, that that would complement the guitars a lot in this mix. Something like Indukti's bass tone or something. I don't know. Great guitar tone!

Yeah, I agree with this too. And thank you! I do have some clank in there, but I need to turn it up. :) And the guitar tracks were 100% wet in the original pack drew provided, so I have no idea what amp he used. But I love the tone as well. I did find that the raw guitars were a bit dark for my taste, but had a great tone, but here's what I ended up doing to it in my FX chain for the gtrs:
EQ - bell curve eq boost everything above 5k by about 3db to simulate a TS.
compressed
EQ - highpass 110hz, lowpass 12,500hz
multi-band compression
limiter

What did you use for the drums dude?

Do you like/dislike them?

I actually used a combination of SuperiorDrummer 2.0, SSlate EX, and random Sneap impulses. I used Superior for the snare bottom, overheads, toms, hh, and the rooms. Slate I used for the kick and snare, but also blended with sneap impulses and EQ'd and compressed them all together accordingly. I then sent everything to a room buss for verb (and high passed it at about 500hz so the snare and kick in the rooms wouldn't muddy things up too much). Then I blended that room buss with the original drum mix. Oh, I also blended some of the toms from SD20 with some slate toms as well. I tried to randomize the hits as much as possible on both kits to give it a not-so-drum-machine feel. Not sure if I succeeded or not. lol. I was really just experimenting with blending kits and pieces together and seeing what fits/doesn't fit.
You did a great job with your midi programming though!

Cheers guys! :kickass:

I like the kick, snare, and toms. But I didn't really like the cymbals tbh - not wet enough for my tastes :)

Also, I played the drums on an ekit and quantized where it needed it :D

I like the kick, snare, and toms. But I didn't really like the cymbals tbh - not wet enough for my tastes :)

Also, I played the drums on an ekit and quantized where it needed it :D

ahhhhhh, gotcha. Cheater. ;) jk

I'm gonna fix some stuff in the mix later and post another version tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully get these cymbals and bass issues fixed up.

btw, I forgot to do ANY processing on any of the cymbals. So there is zero eq or compression etc on those. lol