Post-Rock song - Axe-Fx

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
Hey dudes!

Haven't posted in a while been busy working away on my band 'Sectioned' we got our new E.P coming up but had time to work on my side-project called We!

This is axe-fx with a couple of layers, not as many as we usually do because we figure the two of us might wanna play this live. Going to try and get a third guitarist in! It's 8:44 have some patience for it but if you got any feedback on the mix or anything it'd be appreciated! And i'll share whatever info you guys need

take care,

Ped!

high quality download available here:

http://juggernaught.bandcamp.com/track/aurora-borealis

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping this one because this song definitely doesn't deserve zero responses.
I'm really enjoying this one. I've listened to it several times now and it just keeps getting better. It has such a hypnotic vibe to it, I'd love to be able to compose something like this. The drums sounds great, you nailed the programming on this one too. I'm digging the guitartones, the distorted tone growls like a beast. I'm gonna give that tutorial a serious try, I thought it would only sound good for downtuned crap but it worked really good on this one.

Only critique I got to offer is that I would've been more crazy with the macrodynamics. That epic part with the distorted guitars should sound loud as hell in my opinion, but it really isn't that much louder to the earlier part. I would've lowered everything before epicdistortedpart by several dBs for a starter. But I'm very extreme when it comes to dynamic shifts...

Well done!