Power Metal Interviews

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Hey Guys,

Just trying to do some quick research here - which Power Metal bands would you most like to see interviewed? Other than Power Quest of course :D

Any ideas, please share!

I've got an interview with Alex Starapoli going up tonight for any Rhapsody fans out there. The focus is on their 'movie soundtrack' influences etc.

@Symphony - after Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy, your interview at Royal Carnage has recieved the most visits to date. Good going!

JK.

Symphony said:
Freedom Call
Heavenly
Angra
Sonata Arctica

Good calls.

Freedom Call - getting Dan Zimmerman would be great, for obvious reasons.

Heavenly - I've tried to make contact with Ben Sotto in the past with no luck, but I need to try again!

Angra - it's a shame because I hung out with these guys at the last progpower fest, and they are all very cool. Did I ask for an interview? Of course that would have made way too much sense. D'Oh! Edu is a cool guy - I'll see if we can hook up.

Sonata Arctica - never thought of them, but good idea, especially with the new album out.

I don't know much power metal so go get any fucker you can find! :D

DragonForce
Hammerfall
Blind Guardian
ManOwaR :p

:loco:

Got three new interviews up that might interest some:

Rhapsody - with Alex
Marty Friedman - albeit brief, but hey, it's Marty Friedman - you know, Hangar 18 and all that!
Ensiferum - if you guys don't know Ensiferum, they play melodic power folk death viking pagan metal. :D Very cool indeed.

Feel free to drop by the forum and give us your thoughts/discussion in the thread: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=85146

I thank you. :)

I have to read that Alex interview.

The best interviews I've ever seen have been with Luca Turilli and Trey Azagthoth (from Morbid Angel) - for some reason those guys really had something interesting and positive to say!!

I'd love to see an interview with Freedom Call, I've seen some good ones already, but instead of Dan, get the singer cause Dan is in a lot of interviews.

Other bands I'd like to see reviewed by you:

. Scanner
. Fairyland (www.fairylandmetal.com)
. Iron Maiden
. Running Wild
. Labyrinth (new album coming out)
. Helloween

Yep, I did check out your interview with Alex, and it was interesting..but ehh..he isn't much of a talker is he? hehe..anyway, it was a great interview dude.

You guys should interview :
- Human Fortress (new album out soon, great band!)
- Elisa from Fairyland ..it would be awesome :)
- Tony from Sonata Arctica
- Dark Moor (they havent split up..though Elisa is out of the band)

NP: Dark Crystal - A voice from the trees :headbang: :)

The Crystal King said:
I'd love to see an interview with Freedom Call, I've seen some good ones already, but instead of Dan, get the singer cause Dan is in a lot of interviews.

Good point, although I guess with Dan you can talk about Gamma Ray as well? Still, it's good suggestion because Gamma Ray would just distract from the Freedom Call focus perhaps.

. Scanner
. Fairyland (www.fairylandmetal.com)
. Iron Maiden
. Running Wild
. Labyrinth (new album coming out)
. Helloween

Iron Maiden! I wish....that would be a dream come true to talk to those guys, especially Adrian Smith.

Haven't heard any Fairyland yet...any good?

WeekendWarrior said:
Yep, I did check out your interview with Alex, and it was interesting..but ehh..he isn't much of a talker is he? hehe..anyway, it was a great interview dude.

Yeah but it's the language thing I guess. Shame I don't speak Italian! :erk:

:cool:

Fairyland.. man I can't stop listening to their new cd for some reason. They are VERY good in playing, production, melodies, epicness(sic) and all that.

But sometimes I wonder, are they original enough? Sometimes they are and they are on the verge of really doing something interesting, but sometimes it seems like they are TOTALLY copying the "Legendary Tales" album songs and production, even the choirs are identical...

But it's well done.

And maybe in time they will develop and get some more originality.

Yeah, I agree with you Crystal King. It's no doubt that Fairyland is Rhapsody copycats, especially the choirs, that you mentioned, is quite similar to Rhapsody's. But it's all done with style and perfection.
I guess they have found their own sound, which is of course pretty similar to Rhapsodys, but yet somehow different from the italian guys.. you will notice it if you compare the two bands.
And I have to mention the awesome instrumental "Army of the white Mountains". I love that track! It doesn't sound like anything Rhapsody have done, hehe. That song is just amazing.
My expectations are high when it comes to this band. It's a very good debut anyway.

NP: Fairyland - The Fellowship

dragonmaiden said:
Well if you do want to hear some Thy Majestie you might want to check out Hastings 1066. If you like your power metal played in the symphonic style I'm sure you will enjoy!! :)

*cough* there's a Hastings 1066 review over at Royal Carnage *cough*

saint.gif

dragonmaiden said:
Good review there JayKeeley! I've had this album a little while and prefer it to it's predecessor. A good piece of medievel 'fromage'....or should I say 'formaggio'??!!! ;)

Thanks Dragonmaiden!

Actually if anyone's interested, we've got a new upload to the site with about 20 reviews or so. There's a whole bunch of Power Metal in there, including the new Helloween, Evergrey, Luca Turilli....enjoy!

And don't forget the Power Quest competition if you haven't already entered!