Power Quest cover of 'Caught Somewhere in Time'?

Kingface

Oct 18, 2009
Chesterfield, England, UK
I'm just having a browse of Play.com on my Lunch Break at Work at the moment and I noticed this:

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/337...um-Tribute-To-Iron-Maiden/ListingDetails.html

As part of the Track Listing, it lists "Somewhere in Time - Power Quest" (assuming it means 'Caught Somewhere in Time', which is the actual name of the song). It might be me being stupid or not knowing enough about PQ, but I don't recall an official recording of this ever being released or anything.

So, is this a new recording from you guys Steve? Would be cool if it is.

Was about to dismiss this but after some googling I couldn't find any news related to PQ. But then I noticed it does say it isn't out yet..so maybe it is? Anxiously await word from Mr. Williams :)

EDIT: Oh nevermind :lol:

Listened to all of Maiden's discography recently, and while I love Powerslave it just doesn't live up to PoM for me. I can listen to PoM all the way through and every song is thrilling. Powerslave has its ups and downs for me, thankfully more of the former.

Somewhere in Time is just The Adrian Smith Solo Show. Hence why it is my favourite! Seventh Son is also right up there in the best metal albums of all time. I love the past couple of proggier albums, but I realise they're never going to be as 'classic' as the 80s stuff. But I like that they're a band that continues to evolve and stay fresh, they don't ever make the same album twice.

Powerslave. m/

If I had to pick a favourite, that would probably be it.

Out of the Maiden Albums that are often picked as people's favourites, I think Piece of Mind is the weakest. In particular, I think it has one the weakest production sounds out of their entire discography.

That being said, it still sounds good and it's still a fantastic album with some killer songs, to state the obvious!