power tubes

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
Guys recomend me a good el34 tube, I think it's time to revalver my cobra and I have this option:
Electro harmonix el34eh
Sed winged c : svel34
JJ electronic : el34 blue

What is the best for your opinion?

Winged C, holy god do those sing! All the amps I played at NAMM that had EL34's (Diamond Phantom, Cameron, Madison Divinity) had winged C's, and they were beautiful

Winged c? thankd for that info....but I don't know the difference in winged c and svetlana.........

Same thing, I think - as I understand it, Svetlana is the company, Winged C is a model

Winged C refers to the SED logo, and SED is the company that used to make Svetlana tubes.

Svetlana tubes are now marketed by New Sensor. SED still makes tubes, but they are just known as SED's (with the winged C logo) and not Svetlana.

SED's are made in St. Petersburg, but I don't know where the New Sensor Svet's are made...I'd assume a Russian manufacturing facility as well (if New Sensor still has their factory there).

New Sensor Svetlana EL34's are usually compared to Mullard's which have long been heralded as a nice sounding EL34. But the SED's I think are tonally superior.

Winged C refers to the SED logo, and SED is the company that used to make Svetlana tubes.

Svetlana tubes are now marketed by New Sensor. SED still makes tubes, but they are just known as SED's (with the winged C logo) and not Svetlana.

SED's are made in St. Petersburg, but I don't know where the New Sensor Svet's are made...I'd assume a Russian manufacturing facility as well (if New Sensor still has their factory there).

New Sensor Svetlana EL34's are usually compared to Mullard's which have long been heralded as a nice sounding EL34. But the SED's I think are tonally superior.

I thought that Svetlana's are actually Sovtecks?

oh and I highly recommend "Winged C" Those things are sick! put some JJ Teslas on the preamp section and you'll have one nice settup!