Powering the Devil's Circus: ON SALE NOW!

circus_brimstone

Forest: Sold Out
Jul 5, 2003
Indiana
Powering the Devil’s Circus: On sale NOW!

ptdc_new.jpg

Specs
fiction/experimental, 108 pages, perfect-bound, full-color laminated cover, signed on request

In order of appearance:
Short Stories
"Calling All Cats"
"Impact"
"Shave the Zebra"
"Tube"
"Mice on Film"
"Dead in Memphis"
"A Lesson in Defense"
"Writing"
"Always Kill the Pedestrians"
"Look, He's Wilting"
"Shredding"
"Being a Friend Means"

Novella
"Powering the Devil's Circus"
"Chapter 1: Holy Ghosts from My Memories"
"Chapter 2: God Can't Stop Me Now"
"Chapter 3: Instead of Jesus, I Found Alcohol"
"Epilogue: Louisville - My Own Hell and Heaven"

Price and Shipping Costs
$10 = hand delivery
$12 = US/Canada shipping
$14 = world shipping

Payment Methods
I’ll accept PayPal [circus_brimstone@yahoo.com], cashier’s check/money order, or well-hidden cash. If you need to mail me a payment, then send me a PM or an email and I’ll forward you my address. The book ships after payment is received. Thanks!

Cheers for ze copies, Jason. They look fuckin' great. I'll have to give it a read at some point, but in the mean time, I'm pretty happy just looking at it.

How can one with the perseverance to write enough material for a book (it's very very very hard) AND be good enough to find a publisher NOT be accepted for an MFA program yet? Mind-boggling...

It's FUN to TALK loud and SOFTLY in THE same SENTENCE

Because MFA programs are more dicksucking and ass kissing than ability in writing. Frequently they accept writers who are merely following the most recent trends in both content and style (such as exists in contemporary writing).

You're telling me this as if I wasn't applying for an MFA this winter :lol:

Their dubious "objectivity" when it comes to judging quality writing is well-documented. I think you'd be surprised, though. Not all programs are as uptight as... say... Iowa.