Powerworld - Human Parasite (samples of all songs)

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
I know quite a few of you are looking forward to this one and the return of ex Threshold singer Mac. Samples of every song up on amazon.de. Sounds good even though the samples are deadly short.

[ame]http://www.amazon.de/Human-Parasite-Powerworld/dp/B0044K0NC2/ref=sr_1_1_digr?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1285922324&sr=1-1[/ame]

It's an "okay" album. After a couple of songs the album turns a little boring ... the songs sounds too much the same.
Mac is great as always. Very good singer with a very distinct voice.
Musically Powerworld tend to sit too much in-between chairs; it's like they can't figure out if they want to go into the melodic prog territory or the more old school power metal genre. They remind me a bit of Symphorce in that respect although a bit less prog I guess.

Wait a second... I think I missed this.

How/Why/When did Mac decide to get back to metal and singing and such? Didn't he quit?

Got this last week, but must admit haven't opened it yet. So far this forum seems split? Any more thoughts/opinions? Guess I better locate a sharp knife and hack my way through the packaging.

Got this last week, but must admit haven't opened it yet. So far this forum seems split? Any more thoughts/opinions? Guess I better locate a sharp knife and hack my way through the packaging.

I like it a lot. Real fine melodic metal and Mac is excellent, as expected.

The album absolutely smokes! Showcased it weeks ago, and continue to play the hell out of it!