PP CD OPINIONS SOLICITED

SavaVIDude

Savatage Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA, Earth
I would like your honest opinion of "Under the Moonlight" by Six Minute Century. Please listen to it all the way through (especially the last vocal note); it's fairly long. I think it's on the third CD near the end. I'm not gonna argue or debate with anyone's opinions. I respect people's musical opinions on this forum more than anywhere.

Thanx in advance,
Chris :headbang:

Ok i just now listened to it. Pretty good for a demo. The 1st thing i notice about it is the lack of keyboards on the main riff, which is pretty much a staple on most of the other bands on the samplers. So it gives this song a more "american" sound to it imo. With a more keyboards added riff it might make it a little more melodic. The vocals seem to be "kinda" buried under the music too. I like it though, and with a better production and bringing the vocals out to the front more would make it killer imo. Yeah the scream at the end is pretty good also. I dig it but i would prefer a more "melodic" riff than a more standard metallica sounding one.

My opinion is similar. But if you -want- the vocals to be back in the production then fine. But it sounded like they weren't mixed right into it, rather than being purposefully farther back in the mix.

I liked the second half of the song the most (during and after the symphonic element). I guess my overall evaluation is "Shows some serious process, but isn't there yet."

You are welcome to respond to my first statement about the mix.. to let me know what was intended.

Cheiron said:
My opinion is similar. But if you -want- the vocals to be back in the production then fine. But it sounded like they weren't mixed right into it, rather than being purposefully farther back in the mix.

I liked the second half of the song the most (during and after the symphonic element). I guess my overall evaluation is "Shows some serious process, but isn't there yet."

You are welcome to respond to my first statement about the mix.. to let me know what was intended.

Naw - You hit the nail on the head. First of all, this is a 4 piece band. The keys are all sampled. The mix was started at Spyder Studios (a Bobby Blotzer - Ratt drummer and a local musician's collaboration), but finished by the guitar player. Hence, the vocals are back in the mix. I kike the vox farther up, also. Thanks for your comments.

SavaVIDude said:
Try this

http://www.sixminutecentury.com/audio.html

Peace,
Chris :headbang:[/QUOTE

I would love to hear this recorded in a 1st class studio with top notch production. I thought it was really good. I share some of the same comments that have allready been given and could maybe add a thing or two but I liked it so much I would rather focus on the positive. The one thing I will say is this....normally I am a sucker for the big vox note but the one here at the end of the song did nothing for me. Not that it was not good, but it kind if reminded me of Grim Reaper. Damn, I said I would focus on the positive.

Overall you got a killer song here bro. The guitars, drums and vox are all solid. Keep it up and I am sure you will go far.

WOW. Almost 1 year later after this tread started.............

I just saw these boys over the weekend in houston and they rocked. The singer hit some notes that I was sure was going to break some glass. Cant wait to hear the release on nightmare.

SMC was awesome at Madfest and this particular song was easily the highlight of their set.

QFT! And on Saturday in Houston, the whole gang was spot-on! Especially Chuck, battling some tough emotional times but ulling strength and power from it into his performance. Truly outstanding! I think people will be talking about his performance at this show for a long time to come.

Damn!! I forgot about this post!! You PP faithful can see two members of SMC in Krucible - Don LaFon - guitar player extraordinaire (will be stage right) and Darren Davis - as good a drummer I've seen in a LONG time - stage back!!). DON'T MISS THIS BAND AT THE SHOWCASE!!

I actually totally dig this!!!! All the elements are there, the playing, the vocals, and the songwriting!!!!! Hopefully more to come, GREAT JOB!!!!!:headbang:

By the way SIX MINUTE CENTURY has just recently signed a recording and record deal with NIGHMARE RECORDS, so be on the look out there will be an album soon. Recorded and Mixed and Mastered by LANCE (I think) so it will be awesome.