PP USA III Memories....

Progpower 3 was my first one as well, I've been to everyone since and in my opinion Edguys set that year will always be my favorite set of any band any other year.

Stumbled upon PPIII info, and my wife sent me for my birthday. That was a one-time only trip. I was so blown away that I've been to each and every PP since!

Steve

ProgPower III was my first ProgPower as well. I found out about it through the Angra website and literally booked my trip almost immediately. I was 17 and it was (at the time) the biggest adventure I had ever gotten into. Needless to say, I have been back to it almost every single year since and plan to continue doing that until the festival comes to an end.

My first festival as well. It was so cool to see Angra and Blind Guardian, and Edguy was superb! Met so many cool people and have so many cool memories about PPIII.

They probably thought my IQ was a total of 5 based on my accent while I thought Jeff Spicoli didn’t have shit on them. “Right on” Jasun.
Awesome.

I became a Zero Hour fan on the car ride to Atlanta. I had purchased Towers about six months previous, spun it once a month, but never really "got it". Somewhere in PA, this disc just hit me like a ton of bricks. I listened to it on repeat the remainder of the ride down. By the time I got to Atlanta, Zero Hour was the band I wanted to see most. It was an absolutely stellar performance.

Didnt we do the 333 m/ party at III :Smokedev:

Bear

I think it was II, because that was the only year I stayed at the Artmore (or whatever it used to be called), but that was truly an epic party. I believe there is even video evidence......

Regarding PPIII, I'm the odd man out (as usual) musically because I was there to see Reading Zero, Silent Force, and Threshold. I don't loathe power metal, but I'm definitely more of a proghead.

*Mac (RIP) from Threshold was hanging out upstairs in the band balcony after their set. I didn’t have a chance to meet him previously and introduced myself to him. I told him he had an amazing voice. He replied, “I know.” I’m still not sure if he was joking or not.

I've met him in the lobby with the band and I wanted to take a picture. After a couple attempts while he was acting goofy, we finally could take it. We talked with them and they were very friendly. It was impossible to not laugh at all the jokes the guys was throwing at me. He must've been joking with you. RIP Mac!!

* I had met the Tipton brothers from Zero Hour at the first festival in Chicago. They are the nicest guys you will ever meet. They are also the first surfer dudes this hillbilly had ever met. They probably thought my IQ was a total of 5 based on my accent while I thought Jeff Spicoli didn’t have shit on them. “Right on” Jasun.

Nicest guys on earth and they are so talented that they must be martians :yow:

Thanks for the recap Glenn!!

Steve