6. Sabaton

Saturday:

1. Dark Empire
2. Mystic Prophecy
3. Grand Magus
4. ReVamp
5. Shadow Gallery
6. Rhapsody

I'm still hoping for Wolf. Besides Saxon, they're the top band I want to see that I haven't. I've sort of given up though unfortunately.

Mastodon is more of a stretch for a #4 slot. Their last disc went to #11 on the Billboard charts in the U.S., and their previous disc #32. If they were ever to play ProgPower, I would think it would be as a headliner.

Atlanta is also their hometown. They can sell out a 2,000 seat venue on their own.

Mastodon is more of a stretch for a #4 slot. Their last disc went to #11 on the Billboard charts in the U.S., and their previous disc #32. If they were ever to play ProgPower, I would think it would be as a headliner.

I don't disagree. They just got a huge amount of press for their last album so I thought I'd play with fire a bit. I'd much rather see an Austrailian band like Eyefear or Karnivool get the spot, or someone like Day Six, Crises, Cynic, LanFear, Subsignal, etc. But I was trying to stick to popularity for who might sell more than a wish list of mine.

Probably would have had as much luck throwing darts at a board ;)

I'm still hoping for Wolf. Besides Saxon, they're the top band I want to see that I haven't. I've sort of given up though unfortunately.
Saxon...

So although I'm a child of the 80s, I never owned a Saxon disc. Still don't. No idea how this happened, given how many cassettes I bought back in the day. As it turns out, they were at Wacken in 2007 and Sweden Rock at 2008. They absolutely slayed both times. Much respect. They're clearly built for the mega Euro festivals.

Saxon...

So although I'm a child of the 80s, I never owned a Saxon disc. Still don't. No idea how this happened, given how many cassettes I bought back in the day. As it turns out, they were at Wacken in 2007 and Sweden Rock at 2008. They absolutely slayed both times. Much respect. They're clearly built for the mega Euro festivals.

Dude, get yourself a copy of Strong Arm of the Law, stat!

Using my own theory from an earlier post:

Friday
Headliner: Blind Guardian
To-Mera
Engel
Tesseract
Heavan Below
Vindictiv

Saturday
Headliner: DT
Seraphic Clockwork
Anubis Gate
Diabulus In Musica
Laybrynth
Voyager

Who is Seraphic Clockwork?

I'm not as well versed in newer power and prog as most here, so I'll stick with bands I know.

Friday:
1. Cauldron Born
2. While Heaven Wept
3. Pharaoh
4. Hammers of Misfortune
5. Pyramaze
6. Sabaton

Saturday
1. Crescent Shield
2. Lord
3. Jag Panzer
4. Grand Magus
5. Dream Evil
6. James Labrie

I'm not as well versed in newer power and prog as most here, so I'll stick with bands I know.

Friday:
1. Cauldron Born
2. While Heaven Wept
3. Pharaoh
4. Hammers of Misfortune
5. Pyramaze
6. Sabaton

Saturday
1. Crescent Shield
2. Lord
3. Jag Panzer
4. Grand Magus
5. Dream Evil
6. James Labrie
you've got 3 return bands so I think you might be in some trouble :Spin:

you've got 3 return bands so I think you might be in some trouble

Given that the winner will probably have picked 4 bands at most, it's actually strategically sensible to just go with bands you consider likely rather than try to guess. Given that the universe of likely returning bands is rather small, someone who picks three returns is almost certain to get at least one right.

you've got 3 return bands so I think you might be in some trouble

Given that the winner will probably have picked 4 bands at most, it's actually strategically sensible to just go with bands you consider likely rather than try to guess. Given that the universe of likely returning bands is rather small, someone who picks three returns is almost certain to get at least one right.

That's actually a pretty good strategy. As soon as I submitted my list I started having "ah hell, I meant to include X" moments.

Friday:

1 Turisas
2 Nightmare
3 Crystallion
4 Sabaton
5 Shadow Gallery
6 Nightwish

Saturday"

1 Orphand Land
2 Gamma Ray
3 Amberian Dawn
4 Brainstorm
5 Powerglove
6 Rhapsody of Fire

Best of Luck to all Participants:Smokin:

Friday:

1 Turisas
2 Nightmare
3 Crystallion
4 Sabaton
5 Shadow Gallery
6 Nightwish

Saturday"

1 Orphand Land
2 Gamma Ray
3 Amberian Dawn
4 Brainstorm
5 Powerglove
6 Rhapsody of Fire

:lol::lol: I love how you punished Turisas by putting them in a number one slot. I still love 'em though...but Powerglove?!!!! Really? Oy! I certainly hope you're wrong on that.

Friday:

1 Turisas
2 Nightmare
3 Crystallion
4 Sabaton
5 Shadow Gallery
6 Nightwish

Saturday"

1 Orphand Land
2 Gamma Ray
3 Amberian Dawn
4 Brainstorm
5 Powerglove
6 Rhapsody of Fire

You picked some great bands dude, however, in what world would Gamma Ray, Brainstorm and Orphaned Land play before Powerglove? :lol: Who the fuck is Powerglove anyways? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.