PP7 In Review - Official Photographs

Am I missing something, or is there no way to download anything larger than 50k pictures? I would love to use some of these as my wallpaper or use in a slideshow but the picture sizes are way too small...

Greykiller said:
Am I missing something, or is there no way to download anything larger than 50k pictures? I would love to use some of these as my wallpaper or use in a slideshow but the picture sizes are way too small...

I sized the jpegs according to the size requirements for the PPUSA photo gallery which is currently being being revamped a bit.

Because there are several bands and media outlets that have or will be using these photos in publications or with a possible DVD or future CD jackets, I can't place larger jpegs on my website that could be downlaoded, upsampled for print, and distributed without me having any control over how they are used. Downloading the images from my website and adding them to a fan's tribute site or personal scrapbook is quite fine though, just e-mail me for the OK.

Excellent pictures Todd...as ALWAYS.

A couple of questions. First, about these shots...

Jorn_028.jpg

Did you actually walk that wooden catwalk to get these shots? Talk about Balls Of Steel! You are THE MAN!

And about these images...

Epica_013.jpg

Don: Got any pics of Simone bro?

Todd: What? You mean there was a BAND onstage WITH her?

Heheheh.

Let's all raise one for Todd. But make mine Sharpes. :kickass:

Empress said:
What kind of camera do you use?

Ummm. Check the first post in the thread. He not only tells you what equipment he uses but his settings as well as post processing.

"Two Canon 5D Digital SLR bodies. Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L, EF 35mm f/1.2L, and Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lenses. Sandisk CF memory. All photos shot in Camera Raw format and processed in Adobe Camera Raw for conversion to JPG, TIF, etc,. The depth of field you see is achieved by the very small aperture on the lenses. No Photoshop work was done to blur the backgrounds. Any colorization was done directly using the Adobe Camera Raw plugin (v3.3). Exposure settings vary with the lens, but on average, I was shooting manually at f/2 at 1/160 sec and ISO 800."

Just to add to all the accolades you've received already, Todd...

WOW.

I wish I had 1/10 of your talent... and 1/2 of your equipment. :lol:

Cheers!

MeTuLHeD said:
Excellent pictures Todd...as ALWAYS.

A couple of questions. First, about these shots...

Jorn_028.jpg

Did you actually walk that wooden catwalk to get these shots? Talk about Balls Of Steel! You are THE MAN!

The photo Willie and his kit was indeed taken from the catwalk with assistance of one of the drum techs who requested some shots from there. We were trying to get a nice portrait of the kit from a different perspective. The shots were taken during soundcheck when there was a bit more light to navigate the catwalk. Don't know if I want to do that during an actual set with all the people below. If I drop something (or myself!), it could be a disaster, but could make for some cool video if I'd fall into the kit! Hmmm.....

As for the abundance of Simone shots, well, she's just a lot better looking than the others! It was my first time photographing Epica and I didn't want to leave the festival w/o making sure I had some great shots of her, so I took tons to ensure a few great shots. Payed off. I tried to more of the band in Chicago, but was only moderately successful. :lol: But here is my favorite "non-Simone" photo from that show:

Ald.jpg

MEGALOUD said:
Hey Todd nice one these are fantastic!
Pyramaze_020.jpg

Thanks, we posted links to your shots on our myspace and also in our Ultimate Metal forum...I hope it's cool I added a couple to our myspace page as well!

Thanks and absolutely yes! I never complain about free PR. ;)