PPUSA Day 1 Headliner Announcement! (update 11/16)

If indeed that was a clue, Rage and Vanden Plas were the 2 German bands that played that year.

Hoping he didn't do the math right haha cause in 2002 Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian and Edguy played. Would rather see one of them personally.

If indeed that was a clue, Rage and Vanden Plas were the 2 German bands that played that year.

Hoping he didn't do the math right haha cause in 2002 Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian and Edguy played. Would rather see one of them personally.

I'll be shocked if Vanden Plas isn't playing. I'm hoping for Gamma Ray as well. I wouldn't count on Blind Guardian since they are already doing a big US tour this year.

Blind Guardian commands an audience. I didn't get to see them in 2002 at PPUSA, so if they returned, and played to a house of 1100, I couldn't even imagine the energy. That said, I also missed most of the Gamma Ray Set and would LOVE to see them back on stage.

Tell me why it always has to be prog in your opinion? You know there's not just prog people here. You know, some of you prog people are so selfish. I'll sit and watch a prog band before my preferred power metal band. And, I'll keep an open mind as I do like very much some prog metal bands. How many of you snobbish prog people would sit through a power metal band before your prog band? As I've seen many a power metal band bashed on this forum by the prog people. Flame me. I don't care. But, I'm willing to bet there are a few here that agree with me. If not, I'll stand alone.

What a bizarre post.

I dig Prog and Power, I'll be happy either way

Amen brother !! Everyone is different, but I can honestly say that I think that some people consciously choose what they don't like because they think they shouldn't like it. I also think some people subconsciously do the same thing because they have already convinced their conscious mind that it is not good.
I don't pretend in my wildest dreams to be better than anyone else. I consider everyone's opinion to be unique and their own, and it is part of what makes them who they are. However, when I see these posts that depict prog versus power...... I feel so liberated knowing that I am not a sub-genre specific metal-head. I love great metal music. I could give a shit less about what type of metal it is.

Cut the crap with the power metal defender rant. And proggers, you also cut the crap already.

This thread is for discussing the roster for wed/thu, and not for your bitching. It's very simple - if you like it, great. If you don't like it, oh well. Me, Nathan and Glenn will still book a lineup that we think is best. We know what we're doing.

-M

Blind Guardian commands an audience. I didn't get to see them in 2002 at PPUSA, so if they returned, and played to a house of 1100, I couldn't even imagine the energy. That said, I also missed most of the Gamma Ray Set and would LOVE to see them back on stage.
Admittedly for some reason I can't listen to any of their albums from beginning to end,with that said they are amazing live (to the point they are always on my calander to see live whenever )

Their 2002 show was epix...I hope they do get another show at Center Stage

Right now, they are scheduled to play the Masquerade with Grave Digger 11/27 on the Heaven stage. I'd much prefer Center Stage, too, but we takes what we can takes!

Cut the crap with the power metal defender rant. And proggers, you also cut the crap already.

This thread is for discussing the roster for wed/thu, and not for your bitching. It's very simple - if you like it, great. If you don't like it, oh well. Me, Nathan and Glenn will still book a lineup that we think is best. We know what we're doing.

-M

:kickass:

:devil::hotjump::devil::Smokedev:

I fucking hate you man! Haha....lol. Thanks for posting the one band I never got to see, and never will. I so regret it too. I'd literally die from heart failure if they ever got back together for PPUSA.

Last edited by a moderator:

-M

New rule.. anyone starting a power v prog nerd war has to clean the men's bathroom during the set of the band that inspired their rant. :)