PPUSA Day 1 Headliner Announcement! (update 11/16)

Harvester said:
After this year, they take over those two nights completely in the future.

I don't know about the rest of you but this sentence in Glenn's intro is quite exciting.

Sounds promising for the future of the festival........as long as we continue to support it.

If that sentence says what we think it implies (forgive me if it doesn't), then I would be very happy.

It just implies that they are a joint partnership going forward for Wed & Thurs with me being a consultant in the background. The festival remains under Harveston jurisdiction for the foreseeable future. The fest is back in a big way.

I don't know about the rest of you but this sentence in Glenn's intro is quite exciting.

Sounds promising for the future of the festival........as long as we continue to support it.

It just implies that they are a joint partnership going forward for Wed & Thurs with me being a consultant in the background. The festival remains under Harveston jurisdiction for the foreseeable future. The fest is back in a big way.

That's great as well. Some people had interpreted the extension of the festival after the 2014 sellout to definitely last only until 2016, with further extensions depending on how the cards played out.

I definitely think this would make a good transition plan if you do eventually hand it off to somebody else. And I would still be a loyal attendee. But Glenn will always be the best around and I intend to make every single year, at the very least until he retires.

That's great as well. Some people had interpreted the extension of the festival after the 2014 sellout to definitely last only until 2016, with further extensions depending on how the cards played out. I definitely think this would make a good transition plan if you do eventually hand it off to somebody else. And I would still be a loyal attendee. But Glenn will always be the best around and I intend to make every single year, at the very least until he retires.

Thank you. I'm telling you and the world now that XX is my personal goal.

I've always said once you announced a XVI you couldn't stop until XX. Who would want to say well I got to XVII and had enough. :D

I'm hoping for:
Anubis Gate
Circus Maximus - with a whole new set
Andromeda - also with new album

Any of steven wilson's bands would be awesome to see live. It seems like he only plays the largest cities anymore like New York/LA/London, etc. Probably will never see him if that stays true.

progpower is a major event for me, and it takes a lot of time, money and I can't imagine how hard it is for the bands, and their preparations to rehearse special performances, etc. Pretty amazing how it all comes together. It is absolutely crazy how a new drummer can fill in for a show with just a week's rehearsal time "native construct", or how other singers can fit right into another band's act and sound completely natural (dragonland with britney) and (voyager / dc cooper). They must be working hard behind the scenes to make the show special. And all the unexpected stuff that happens but gets worked out in seconds.

Haken and Fates Warning are the main event for me right now for next year. The rest are not enough to justify the price to get there for me right now. I think the ticket price is cheap for what you get, but the time and effort to get there is the hard part. It's a pretty intense 5-6 day journey, and then if you get sick afterwards like I did this time, it takes even longer to get back to regular life. It was pretty rough on me this time, but the line-up was certainly worth it, despite the changes in bands. Anubis Gate - I think a high majority of the audience still wants to see them perform if there is a way. I was very disappointed they couldn't make it. They are a headliner to me.

Anubis Gate - I think a high majority of the audience still wants to see them perform if there is a way. I was very disappointed they couldn't make it. They are a headliner to me.

I second this. Honestly, I think the most surprising thing of the 2015 (initial video) announcements was that Anubis Gate was only billed second - when, in my brain, I definitely assumed they were more of a headliner act. I had the same reaction this year with Green Carnation, tbh, and am already predicting the gold card set to be Green Carnation performing some of their other songs. But I guess we'll see!

XX? So is that what, 2019? I definitely will try to make as many ProgPowers as I can for as long as they're a thing.

and am already predicting the gold card set to be Green Carnation performing some of their other songs.

Kjetil told me that they're ONLY going to be doing LoDDoD at their 2016 shows, and someone told me that they overheard someone involved with ProgPower that there's 0 chance of them doing anything other than LoDDoD