PPUSA Day 1 Headliner Announcement! (update 11/16)

better yet: Razor of Occam :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:
Are they even still a band? Last I heard, both Razor and Shrapnel moved back to Australia while Alexandros still lives in London. "Homage to Martyrs" was an absolutely vicious album, I'd love to see them live (probably not at ProgPower since they don't fit at all, but MDF would work) and/or get some new material from them.

It's about time Australia got some love. Vanishing Point and Lord are two of the absolute cream of the crop over there, for sure, but there's a long list of stuff I want to see out of that part of the world.

I could see Ne Obliviscaris getting over in the future possibly. Lately I've also been fantasizing a bit about Dream Evil.

As most know, I am more on the prog end of the spectrum; however, I absolutely love Lord (now that sounds a little weird.) Digital Lies is a fantastic album. Plus, for those of you who appreciate technical chops and shredding check this out. Laughed my ass off about the title.

Lol, that is fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe no one has made the obvious joke.

lorde-billboard-650-430.jpg

I made the joke yesterday when I was looking for Lord on iTunes. I'm sure Andy never gets tired of it. ;)

For those of us who don't follow pop culture, what is the joke?

Lorde is a pop singer, not really a good joke, since she spells is differently but if you do look up Lord she will more than likely come up first, you would have to put in Australia to differentiate.

Bear

Lorde is a pop singer, not really a good joke, since she spells is differently but if you do look up Lord she will more than likely come up first, you would have to put in Australia to differentiate.

It's a pretty good joke, since it's pronounced the same way, and is only differentiated by one letter. Overused, sure, but then, that's the obvious joke part, and makes it just a little bit fun for trolling purposes. And she's actually from New Zealand, and fucking cool as shit. There could be worse people to be compared to.

I'd love to see Lorde perform with Lord. Or vice versa.