PPUSA Day 1 Headliner Announcement! (update 11/16)

Pyramaze is the second band so far I had listed in my "shut up and take my money" list. This is incredible news. I'm a tremendous fan and I will be hanging on to every single note of this concert.

I can't wait to see everyone's reactions when we announce the two headliners. All bias aside, I honestly think the star power in the 4-day lineup next year is one of the strongest ever. I mean *ever*.

As Glenn himself said, next year's festival is just off the hook.

I can't wait to see everyone's reactions when we announce the two headliners. All bias aside, I honestly think the star power in the 4-day lineup next year is one of the strongest ever. I mean *ever*.

How about a clue?

With all this hype, the two headliners have to be over-the-top spectacular. For me, I'm not sure anything short of a Savatage reunion or Metal Church doing Blessing in Disguise in its entirety is going to match the hype--although the US return of Threshold would come close, as would Accept or UDO (doing nothing but old-school Accept material, which he is doing for the last time on his next tour).

With all this hype, the two headliners have to be over-the-top spectacular. For me, I'm not sure anything short of a Savatage reunion or Metal Church doing Blessing in Disguise in its entirety is going to match the hype--although the US return of Threshold would come close, as would Accept or UDO (doing nothing but old-school Accept material, which he is doing for the last time on his next tour).

I'd be REALLY glad with any of these possibilities!! Except that I'd prefer Metal Church doing a best-of set, not that particular album....

I'd be REALLY glad with any of these possibilities!! Except that I'd prefer Metal Church doing a best-of set, not that particular album....

Now that I think about it, a "best of" set would make more sense for what is effectively a reunion tour. On the other hand, I'd give anything to hear "Anthem to the Estranged" live, as it is one of the true metal classics.

Double bonus for me, since I missed Pyramaze last time they played due to finances! Of all the bands I missed that year, that's the one that stings the most.

So what are the chances they play any bone carver? Will it only be new stuff? I'll die if they play some bone carver!!!

That's a lot of hype:loco: For me it's going to take something like a Demons & Wizards reunion or a Best of set featuring Steven Wilson with guys from Opeth/Blackfield/Porcupine Tree or Arjen Lucassen & Friends type of set or the aforementioned Savatage reunion to get me excited. Honestly, some of the bands mentioned like Threshold/Metal Church would be a letdown. Granted I'm a huge fan of both bands but given the hype this should be something more spectacular than a band that's already played ProgPower before or a band that's doing a best of show without its original singer.

I hope they go another way - I'd love to see Nevermore or Periphery or some other really heavy band that mixs power and prog. I will always hold out hope for James Labrie solo show - but DT is spinning up for a big 2016 tour. Other's on my wish list are Enchant and Opeth. I was the one guy who was going crazy when Glenn brought out Overkill :)

I'm surprised hearing people talk about Metal Church as a headliner. I expect they will be doing a tour and last time I saw them a year or so ago they played in front of about 100 people or so in a small club. They put on a great show, but I think their drawing power is more limited than a band like Overkill that was about half way down a ProgPower bill. Certainly not a headliner.

I'm surprised hearing people talk about Metal Church as a headliner. I expect they will be doing a tour and last time I saw them a year or so ago they played in front of about 100 people or so in a small club. They put on a great show, but I think their drawing power is more limited than a band like Overkill that was about half way down a ProgPower bill. Certainly not a headliner.

*Sigh*

I don't think you understand the impact that Mike Howe has by being back in the band. Carry on.

*Sigh*

I don't think you understand the impact that Mike Howe has by being back in the band. Carry on.

Agreed. I think a Howe-lead reunion would easily be a headliner for Wednesday or Thursday night. At the very least, that band would be at about the same level of Savatage in the 90's when they were able to headline small clubs and bars.

Could they headline Center Stage by themselves? Probably not, but they could easily be a headlining act for this festival. Actually, you could say the same thing about many of the bands that have headlined PPUSA over the years.

After seeing Fates Warning last night, I would love to see the current Fates' line-up as the Thursday headliner doing all of APSOG. But I am crazy that way.A double dose of Fates Warning classics from two different eras.