PPUSA Day 1 Headliner Announcement! (update 11/16)

Hmmm....I don't know about that one. IIRC, their breakup was not exactly amicable. But, one can hope!

People will point to the ten-year time period between Lance's departure and PPUSA 2016 as evidence the iron has cooled a bit. But I would also point out that only the drummer and keyboard player are remaining from the lineup in 2006, so most of any lingering animosity probably left Pyramaze along with the other members.

Although Lance does seem to get along well enough with the guys nowadays, judging by his Facebook, that there might be nothing stopping this from happening at all anyways.

I was totally shocked by the announcement of Spock's Beard and now I'm making a bold guess on a prog headliner: Flower Kings. Do you guys sense Wednesday night goes full prog or not?

I'd vote for an Asia reunion with the first album played in full and have a 2nd set featuring work from Wetton/Downes (Icon), ELP, Yes and GTR (at least do The Hunter or When The Heart Rules The Mind)

The Day 1 headliner will be announced on November 16th. The Day 2 headliner ("Glenn's Pick") will be announced on November 30th. Tickets will go on sale in December with further information to be released next week.

My favorite band. Lucy (their manager) already posted what cities they're playing next year and Atlanta's not on the list. They wanted to though since Ian Mosley's daughter lives there.

From the article: As you will see, it's been hard to get proper interest from promoters outside of the 'normal' places that we play. So we are going to do this tour and hopefully it will be such a success in October 2016 that we can come straight back in Summer 2017 and get more interest in other cities!

That sounds to me like a band that might jump at the opportunity to play to a prog-friendly US audience. Just sayin'...

I hope at least one of the headliners is pure power. The Main Fest top 4 bands are all prog, so hopefully there's something in there that I can lose my shit over while I'm over there enjoying all the power metal opening acts.

I hope at least one of the headliners is pure power. The Main Fest top 4 bands are all prog, so hopefully there's something in there that I can lose my shit over while I'm over there enjoying all the power metal opening acts.

Do you really consider Fate's Warning's "Awaken the Guardian" era prog? That baffles me, but to each their own.

Do you really consider Fate's Warning's "Awaken the Guardian" era prog? That baffles me, but to each their own.

Yeah the band was pure Iron Maiden worship in that era...Maiden was NO Prog band at that time...

Yea, just looking at the bands they were influenced by in that era and the bands they ended up influencing at that time and it is either power metal/traditional metal. Now some of these bands in subsequent years may have started to diversify their sound with prog elements, but to my ear AtG is straightforward metal. Now if Fates were playing all of Disconnected or A Pleasant Shade of Gray, I would understand referring to them as a prog headliner.

I'd second Marillion as a PPUSA headliner one day. :p

Honestly, the people complaining about prog headliners make me so confused. I don't even consider Devy or Scar Symmetry to be prog; more ProgLite than anything.

But if we were to get some Camel, Magma, Captain Beyond, Gentle Giant, Sweet Smoke, Hawkwind, etc. up in this fest - I'd be all over that. (I don't even know how many, if any, of those bands are still together tbh haha)

Also, I know tickets for Wed/Thurs are to be announced for December, but is there any word on the price yet? I'm picking up at least two of each day, so having a heads up on a ballpark would be appreciated. Thanks!