PPUSA XX Music at Laser CD

NorseBlood

franks n steins
Nov 6, 2013
Smashville
Laser CD Update: I sent an email to Laser CD asking about some of the bands that will be playing at PPUSA XX that are missing from his catalog, and this is what Ken said in his reply:

Thanks for your email.

As you know we were connected closely with ProgPower for many years. Glenn is a good friend of mine and we are in touch constantly.

I make it a point, when practical, to stock bands that have performed and will be performing at ProgPower.

With respect to your requests:

Demons & Wizards - we stocked these for years and recently sold out. I’m not sure what is still in print or available through US distribution.

Poets Of The Fall - virtually impossible to get. The band does not go through normal distribution channels. If I have access to them the price is astronomical - no one would buy the discs. I contacted their management and never received a reply back. I do actually have the new album coming in soon. It streets next Friday and I should have it shortly after that.

Insomium is of marginal interest of my customer base. We sell very little death metal. We do have some but not much.

Galneryus has no US or European distribution. I don’t deal with any Japanese distributors. Pricing is crazy expensive.

Mayan will be here either tomorrow or Friday.

Keep in mind that its not so easy to simply stock these bands. For example Demons & Wizards was released on SPV/Steamhammer. SPV has changed distribution about 2 years ago. A lot of their back catalogue was deleted - at least from US distribution. So if a title is still in print I have to look to Europe for availability. That’s fine but frequently the pricing is very high and its not worth our stocking as customers won’t pay $25 for a CD.

Regards,

Ken Golden

Reactions: Felixrox and Kez
Been doing business with Ken for years and he always gives a fair and honest assessment of the situation. He is still my go to guy for the bulk of what I buy that isn't pure metal.